Sync removed a note as I was writing it, reporting conflicts

Trajectory

I would be very grateful if anyone has any advice. I'm not a premium user so I can't seem to report this to support.

I created a note on my iPhone, the start of a story. Then, on my Windows laptop, I developed the story, adding a large amount of text to the same note.

As I was writing, the note suddenly disappeared, to be replaced with multiple, earlier versions, and reports of conflicts. The earlier versions were all from about 10/15/20 minutes ago, so it was from the same writing session on my laptop - just different stages. But the last chunk was completely missing. I'm quite upset as this was an important part of the story and it will be difficult for me to recreate.

My phone and another computer have Evernote running, but it's not as if I changed this document on either of those - the Windows client appeared to be reporting conflicts with itself.

Any advice on (1) whether I can get the missing text back, or (2) how to prevent this happening again would be very welcome. If I can't sort it out I may have to stop using Evernote, as data disappearing like this is not something I'm willing to contend with.

Thanks.

Edited to add: I found the original text in the "Conflicting Changes" notebook. Phew! I'm still interested to know why this happened in the first place, and how I can avoid it.

• Level 5*

I've been seeing a lot of sync issues reported lately.  It seems pretty clear to me that there is a bug and/or design flaw in the Evernote Sync process.

Having said that, I have found It is best to manually sync, and sync often, especially after:

1. Entry/Edit of an important note
  2. End of Session BEFORE you close or put your machine to sleep
  3. End of Day
  4. Start using a different device

You may want to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived