Add Photo to existing note

One of 2 ways:

• If you're in edit mode (i.e. you see the keyboard):
    • tap on the image icon to the right of the camera icon
  • If you're only viewing a note:
    • tap the camera icon at the foot of the screen (to the right of the alarm clock)
      • tap on "Saved photo"

Here's a tutorial for transferring photos from iPhone to your iMac:

http://www.iskysoft.com/topic-ipod/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-mac.html

What I do when I need a photo from my iPhone on Desktop, I add it to my iOS Evernote client... It should then sync to your Evernote desktop client on Mac. Also, if you have Dropbox and are familiar with it, you can make your iOS photos upload to DB automatically... That way, once synced to the cloud, you should be able to drag and drop those photos from your DB folder on desktop into an existing Evernote note.

Here's how to transfer photos from your Photo Stream to your desktop:

http://support.digidna.net/hc/en-us/articles/203503553-Transfer-Pictures-from-Photo-Stream-to-your-Mac-Desktop

That should access all the photos currently in your photo stream (online) that ordinarily show up between iOS devices.

There are most likely dozens of other ways... But as to a feature within your Evernote desktop client that may be able to access your iPhotos, I'm not sure. Another (Mac) user will have to chime in here.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely terrible and I hold both Apple and Evernote accountable for this terribleness. First of all, there should be a one step way for Evernote to be able to natively select photos from the camera roll and either link it or copy it into a note. The fact that you have to export the picture first, or have a copy of all of your photos ahead of time is utterly gross.

I personally think Apple having turned "Photos" into a potentially enormous data object instead of just using the file system like, I dunno, like the rest of the planet Earth, was a gigantic middle finger to their user base. But if they are going to go that way, can they at least not be a bag of d__ks and just create the means for other apps to be able to access those photo objects through the standard file selection dialogue that's built into the system GUI so it's like accessing any other kind of file? Access to the individual photo objects should be seamless no matter how you do it. Besides, I loathe having to use "Photos" to browse for images to send as that app does literally nothing with those photos except offer deliberately incomplete sharing mechanisms (except for AirDrop and iCloud of course) that are so stripped of the core features that would normally be there for that media (like how the Facebook share completely lacks the means for tagging people, which is arguably one of the most important markups you can apply to a shared picture. Apple has failed so hard here you can only conclude that they did it on purpose to drive you to use a product that actually doesn't even exist anymore. iPhoto is no more, and they are high if they think I am going to shell out the gelt to buy Aperture just so I can white balance my photos. No Apple. Just, no.

But the real crime is that Evernote could easily save the day by making it a one step process to browse the cursed monolithic Photos abortion with a simple image browser so you can elegantly select them AND put them into a tool that you can actually do useful things with. But no! Instead you get the "Everynote Sharing Plug-In" which is basically a hate crime:

56cb7663e7349_Evernote2016-02-2212-44-57

That's it. No notebook selector. No tagging. No nothing.  You get to insert some text along with it that... SPOILER ALERT!... also becomes the title of the note.

Seriously, this offensive degradation has been going on for years and nothing has been done about it. They made it so it doesn't crash as much, but I am pretty sure that is the only R&D "Photos" got since they murdered iPhoto - another crappy product that we pine for because Apple actually found a way to make the situation worse and for some reason which I can only assume because it blindly follows the everling mantra of "locking users in forever". Apple should not be getting away with this, and by that I mean someone NEEDS to create a proper photo management tool that syncs with the Apple photo monolith along with every other data pipeline that is in play, from Dropbox to Cyberduck (yes, it should sync- all changes must be bi-directional) AND it should provide as-good-as-native sharing plugins to all of the social media. The present situation is fecking intolerable!

Please tell me I am not the only person who feels this way, and that Evernote needs to get off of their duff and take the law into their own hands so you can (and lets' say this all together) insert a photo into a note from your photo album in one step. I just want my Mac to have features that can compete with a Mac running Snow Leoppard.

Also, as an aside, I tried to post in painstaking detail something similar on support.apple.com's forums trying to explain to someone who was condescendingly telling people who don't find their latest abomination a "helpful improvement" for managing your photo assets as progressive. My post was pulled along with the other once before it that question the logic of putting your photos in s sqlite database with no methods baked in to do anything with the efficiency that using a database allegedly buys you.

Gosh, this really makes me mad, doesn't it.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, hinder90 said:

First of all, there should be a one step way for Evernote to be able to natively select photos from the camera roll and either link it or copy it into a note.

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Using EN iOS 7.10, it is very easy to attach a photo from my camera roll to an EN Note:

1. Open a Note
  2. Tap anywhere in the Note to edit
  3. Tap the image icon/button  at the bottom of the screen
  4. Select an image from your camera roll (All Images), and tap "Done"

EN-iOS-7.11-Image-Icon.png

4 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Using EN iOS 7.10, it is very easy to attach a photo from my camera roll to an EN Note:

1. Open a Note
  2. Tap anywhere in the Note to edit
  3. Tap the image icon/button  at the bottom of the screen
  4. Select an image from your camera roll (All Images), and tap "Done"

EN-iOS-7.11-Image-Icon.png

Sorry, I caused confusion when I said "camera roll" and you inferred that I was talking about Evernote for IOS. I want to see Evernote for OSX getting one click access to the camera roll by way of the Photos datastore which would have those photos by way of iCloud photo sync. I would much rather write Evernote content using a keyboard than with a touch screen! :)

• 1 year later...

I think what they're asking for is a way to send a photo from Camera Roll to an existing Evernote note on the phone.  You can send a photo to a new note, but i don't see a way to send a photo to an existing note. 

Apple Notes has this feature which is helpful when you're adding photos to your existing notes.  When you have hundreds of photos, it's easier to view them in Camera Roll, then send them to notes, rather than starting in the existing note and trying to find the photo you wish to add.

• 4 years later...