There was a problem connecting to the server

mgudites

Idea

I am getting this message from the OS (screenshot attached) twice whenever I open up Evernote, additionally when I go to various screens in Evernote (for example, "Preferences").  It's been happening for a while.  Running up-to-date Yosemite, as well as the latest release of Evernote.  I tried deleting Evernote and reinstalling, same issue.  

I'm not sure why it's trying to look at this server at all.  Evernote is installed locally, I haven't put any pieces of Evernote onto this remote server.  It IS a valid IP address for my SAN at at home, but there's nothing on there that it would be accessing anyway. The error comes up no matter where I am, no matter whose network I'm on.  I've been using Evernote for years and it's the first time I've ever seen anything like this.

post-233201-0-36696000-1415378784_thumb.

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There was a problem connecting to the server "10.0.2.2"'

This doesn't look like an Evernote error msg to me -- looks like a Mac OS error.

It looks like a networking error to me.

You may need to restart your Mac and/or your SAN.

There was a problem connecting to the server "10.0.2.2"'

This doesn't look like an Evernote error msg to me -- looks like a Mac OS error.

It looks like a networking error to me.

You may need to restart your Mac and/or your SAN.

This ONLY happens when I open Evernote.  It's been happening for a month, and I've rebooted the Mac a number of times.  

Have you moved or redirected the Evernote app or data off of your local, internal, drive?

If so, that might cause a problem.

What has changed on your Mac since the last time Evernote worked properly?

Nothing major has changed since the last time it worked correctly.  I'm running Yosemite now but it worked for a while after that install.

I have never moved or redirected anything.  I'm using the default install and the default path for all the files.

I am getting the same error but with our local computer name.  I nptoice this happening on both my personal account on my MBP and our work computer on my work account.  Only happens after an update.  I deleted Evernote, Deleted the folder in Library/application support.  Reinstalled, relogged in and same thing happens.

post-234177-0-19845600-1415830024_thumb.

• Level 5*

I've requested someone from Evernote to take a look at this thread.  There is definitely something strange going on here.

If you have not already done so please submit a bug report, and post your Ticket# here.

See: Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

• Level 5

Is it possible you have a login item on that device? (System Preferences->Users & Groups->Login Items)

There was a bug a while back where we were validating all login items at launch time. That bug was fixed, but your symptoms sound similar.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Is it possible you have a login item on that device? (System Preferences->Users & Groups->Login Items)

There was a bug a while back where we were validating all login items at launch time. That bug was fixed, but your symptoms sound similar.

Thanks.

Thanks Adjusting.  Can you tell us the first version this bug was fixed?

• Level 5

Thanks.

Thanks Adjusting.  Can you tell us the first version this bug was fixed?

Archived