Large Documents stored with Evernote; Do not keep local copy

OK, so I have a large document base with Evernote along with 2 iPhones, 1 mac, 1 win8.1 laptop and 2 iPads.

Now, Is there a way to not keep a local copy of anything on the local devices.  I know that the iPhone, and iPad do not download the documents but on the laptops is there a way to say, send everything up, store no local copy.

As I have a large document base I really do not want copies syncing on both laptops taking valuable space.  

My workflow is :-

Scan Doc from Scanner

Hazel performs OCR

Hazel then files and tags the doc depending on doc content

Hazel then send that doc up to EN central notebook with tags relevant to keyword isolated from OCR extract

I have all my Bank Statements filed etc

So I'd really like a way to find that the local copy is not created for security and space?

Any Ideas as I'd really hate to have to move everything over to one cloud.

Thanks

Mik

• Level 5*

There is no way to store your Notes and attachment in the Evernote Cloud, but NOT store them locally in EN Win and EN Mac.

By definition, ALL Notes/attachments in Sync'd Notebooks are stored in both the Evernote Cloud and locally on your PC/Mac.

You probably need to use systems like DropBox and Wuala that support selective sync (or no sync).

• Level 5*

I know that the iPhone, and iPad do not download the documents but on the laptops is there a way to say, send everything up, store no local copy.

Not for the desktop clients.  They use local storage.  There is no current way to have cloud only storage for the PC / Mac clients.  Others have requested this as well.  Maybe for this use case something like Dropbox would be a better fit?

Archived