Forcing a 5.7 database rebuild in Mac [Mavericks]

jbushnell1

Idea

So when updating to 5.6 a week ago (and then 5.7 today) it seems like something went wrong with my note migration.  The notes are all these just fine but snippet view doesn't work for older notes. (Separate thread for that.)

I tried a couple of different fixes but didn't have much luck, so I decided to maybe try forcing a rebuild of the database from the cloud version (I don't have any local only notebooks, so this has been a fix that's gotten me out of a few bugs in the past).  But I noticed that older instructions on how to force a database refresh on Macs now seem out of date.  This thread, for instance, refers to the user/library/application data folder, which now seems to be gone.

The closest I can seem to find is "user/library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts," but without really knowing how the new database structure works in 5.7 I'm a little hesitant to just go in there and start deleting or renaming files. Does anyone have experience with forcing a database refresh in 5.7 on a Mac?  

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The usual process (prior to Ver 5.7) to rebuild the EN Mac database is:

1. Do a sync in EN Mac, and confirm all Notes are properly shown in the EN Web Client
    1. IF all Notes do NOT show in the EN Web Client, STOP here and resolve before proceeding.
  2. Export to ENEX all Local Notebooks, and any Notes in Sync'd Notebooks that would not sync.
  3. Quit Evernote (and the EN Helper menu)
  4. Fully backup the Evernote data folder
  5. Rename or Move to Trash the Evernote data folder
  6. Move the Evernote App to the trash
  7. Restart your Mac
  8. Download/Install Evernote from the Evernote web site
  9. Import any ENEX files created in Step #2.

Oh, thanks! That's a trick I didn't know before.

Full path then (at least for me) is Library > Application Support > com.evernote.Evernote > accounts > www.evernote.com 

If I delete (or move) this folder and its subfolders, and reboot Evernote, will it force a database rebuild from the remote version?  (I'm not 100% sure this will fix the snippet view problem, which I am coming to believe is a separate bug altogether, but...)

Archived