NO Audio control on Evernote for phone (android)

Hi guys, I'm using Evernote premium for less then 2 month, and it is great! But there are some problems/bugs...

- For example, on Evernote phone version there is no audio control?!?

On tablet version (on nexus 7) I can control audio playback, move forward and backward - but on phone can only start audio! I don't even have option to stop playback!? O_o (i need to close notes to stop playing audio)

Is this BUG, or intentional lack of feature?

Also, I really think phone version should have better, nicer font (like desktop version) and WYSIWYG editor with advanced text editing options (like on Gdrive).

I really like Material Design! :)

I use nexus 5,if this is important for answer.

Thanks in advance, G.

• Level 5*

Hi - Phones and desktops have different operating systems and very different screen sizes,  so the best features tend to get to desktops first,  and phones later.  I'm sure there will be improvements to the areas you mention,  but that may take a while...

Thanks for answer! But I think you didn't understand question (about audio)...

How can same app behave differently - on android tablet it has audio control, on phone it doesn't?! O_o

Same android app, just different interface... Android tablet and phone...

Is that a bug?!

• Level 5*

No.  Same answer really - bigger androids have more screen real estate than smaller androids,  and phone microphones are designed to hear close and quiet voices,  not whole meetings.. 

There are external apps you can use to record sound and save the resulting MP£ file(s) into Evernote.  That way you get to take notes as well as recording sound,  and (depending on the app) maybe use volume controls too...

No.  Same answer really - bigger androids have more screen real estate than smaller androids,  and phone microphones are designed to hear close and quiet voices,  not whole meetings.. 

There are external apps you can use to record sound and save the resulting MP£ file(s) into Evernote.  That way you get to take notes as well as recording sound,  and (depending on the app) maybe use volume controls too...

You mean small screen is a problem! Right?! - You can't even stop playback - you need to leave notes to stop it - Probably there is no place for stop button on 5" screen?! (Your answer insults my intelligence!!)

On IOS - Iphone 5s (with 4" screen) you have full control of audio playback, not just stop and play.... (in portrait phone position)

• Level 5*

Whether you like it or not,  the fact is Evernote doesn't work that way and since I don't work for the company I don't know why they made choices - except that one of the devs posted a comment about making some features a priority because they could be easily carried out on a small screen.  They left the stuff requiring finer controls for "later".  Until later happens,  you're pretty much stuck with the other options I suggested,  or finding your own.

Archived