Snippet view not showing snippet text in 5.7

jbushnell1

Idea

Hi there!

I'm running Evernote 5.7 on a Mac running OS X Mavericks 10.9.5. 

Snippet view is displaying titles only (no snippets) for notes migrated from the previous version. New notes display snippet text just fine. See the screenshot--happy new notes at the top of the pane, broken old notes at the bottom of the pane.

I could delete the evernote folder in user/library/application data to force a database refresh, but I'd like to do that only as a last resort.  Anyone have insight with regard to this problem?

post-66097-0-58525100-1415033547_thumb.p

4 replies to this idea

Hm, now that we're in 5.7 "the Evernote folder in user/library/application" is a thing of the past. Am I right in understanding that it's now in user/library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts? In order to force a rebuild can you just delete that folder, or do you need to do a full-on uninstall?

Incidentally, I was able to get the snippet text to repopulate if I entered the note and made an edit. This is not really a scaleable fix, as I have a few thousand notes with "empty" snippets and don't have the time to go through and painstakingly edit one after another.

Card view and List View show text just fine. :/

Tech support helped me to resolve this issue by rebuilding the database. Posting these instructions here for completeness' sake.

To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

Save your local content:

• Export any Local Notebooks; select View > Notebooks; right-click on your Local Notebooks and select Export Notes from…
  • Choose Evernote XML Format (.enex) and save the file to your computer
  • Export any unsynchronized notes

Move your existing Evernote database:

• Open Evernote for Mac
  • Select Evernote > About Evernote
  • Press and hold the Option key and select Open database folder (keep this folder open)
  • Select Evernote > Quit Evernote from the Menu Bar
  • Move the “www.evernote.com" folder (this will contain one or more numerical folders that contain all Evernote accounts you've used on your Mac) from the database folder to another location, such as your desktop
Open your desktop application and login to your Evernote account. Evernote will download all of your synced notes from Evernote's servers and create a new database on your computer. Once the new database has been created, import any Local Notebooks you previously exported by selecting File > Import Notes.

Archived