Deleting Folders and Notes

I was trying to see how Evernote work and before I knew it I had more folders than I wanted and then some of those became stacks.  How do I start from scratch like a new person and how many folders are there in the beginning? How do I delete what I have and start over? I was just learning how to make folders from items and learning about Benchmarks.  I understand the concept drop items into a folder but I need to know how to start over and delete what I have.  I can't get answers!

• Level 5*

How do I start from scratch like a new person and how many folders are there in the beginning? How do I delete what I have and start over? I was just learning how to make folders from items and learning about Benchmarks.  I understand the concept drop items into a folder but I need to know how to start over and delete what I have.  I can't get answers!

I assume by "folders" you mean "Notebooks".

If you want to delete ALL Notebooks and Notes in your account, in either EN Win or EN Mac:

1. Goto the Notebook view
  2. Select Each Notebook,
    1. Right-click on Notebook
    2. Select 'Delete Notebook..."
  3. If you are really sure you will never want any of these Notes, select the "Trash" notebook, right-click, and select "Empty"
  4. Sync Evernote if you are running EN Win or EN Mac.

I appreciate your help.  I had never received an e-mail link before so I was stumbling how to say Thank You.  I do have a lot of receipts, and recipes that I wanted a way to keep without having a paper file.  Again thank you.

Archived