Missing notes, syncing takes forever

Juha_Antero

Idea

Noticed that my desktop keeps syncing forever. Have some 6000+ notes which is not much. When I start the sync, it just won't stop.

Additionally noted that my desktop EN is missing some notes. The tag list on the left pane shows tag counts, but the list of notes does not agree. Checked this on EN web and the missing note was there all along. Just does not show up in desktop.

Anyone?

Regards

Juha 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Log File:  Goto menu Evernote > Help > Activity Log...

If you just updated from Ver 5.5 to 5.7, it may take a while to rebuild the EN database/index to the new structure.

If necessary, leave it running overnight. Make sure to turn off/disable auto-sleep mode.

@juha_antero did you ever get resolution to this issue? I followed the steps here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/79326-evernote-mac-605-100-cpu-utilization/page-2as I'm convinced the issue is regarding a certain note/notes that are the culprit. Just upgraded to the new 6.13 and still having the syncing forever issue. Left the computer running overnight (8 hours) and woke up to the sync continuing?

Appears all my notes are there, but the sync won't stop. Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

@juha_antero did you ever get resolution to this issue? I followed the steps here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/79326-evernote-mac-605-100-cpu-utilization/page-2as I'm convinced the issue is regarding a certain note/notes that are the culprit. Just upgraded to the new 6.13 and still having the syncing forever issue. Left the computer running overnight (8 hours) and woke up to the sync continuing?

Appears all my notes are there, but the sync won't stop. Any thoughts?

Look at the EN Mac Help > Activity Log for clues.

@JMichael  - Thanks for the suggestion and for always following up on all these posts, it's always a big help when looking for answers.

I've checked the Activity Log and think I've narrowed it down, but can't locate the notes in question. I'm pretty sure these are audio notes, but it's literally staying syncing for 8 hours. Here's what the activity log file shows next to all of the notes in question. I've removed info that might be confidential, so hopefully this provides insight into the errors:

---

2015/05/28 19:56:10:723 I|*   -[ENCacheDownloadOperation start]  | self=<ENCacheDownloadOperation: 0x6080028923e0; url = (removed this code string); title = Complete-Report.pdf; error = (null); executing = NO; finished = NO; cancelled = NO;>

---

Let me know if this helps, I have tried contacting Support in the past but they recommended to rebuild my database every time, and it's been a bit frustrating. That never corrected the issues experienced, and this has been going on for awhile. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Level 5*
@JM Pacaya:

I don't see anything in your Act Rept that immediately jumps out.

You might try a search for Notes with audio files:

resource:audio/*

And then sort by Size, descending.

My *guess* is that it is one of your Notes with a large audio file.

Save the audio file to your local drive, then delete the file from the Note, and do a manual sync.

You may have to delete the Note, and empty the EN Trash.

Good luck.

Archived