REQUEST: Print title & info in printed notes

SwissPol

Idea

It seems like printing a note in Evernote Mac does not print the note title, source URL, etc... but only its content. This does not make a lot of sense, please fix soon :)

At the minimum you could make it an option, like when printing a webpage from Safari: "print background" / "print headers and footers".

57 replies to this idea

January, 2015. Can't print a title with a note from 6.0.5 mac client version of EN. But I can turn on and print 'Header', which gives multiple lines of useless information. I am AMAZED that, apparently, this problem isn't new, even though I thought the title used to print OK on my previous versions of EN.

Does EN think that printed titles are totally un-necessary?

When I print a note from 6.0.5, the title is printed (in bold even) regardless of whether 'Print Headers' is checked.

What OS are you seeing this issue on?

Getting interesting!

I randomly chose a note to print, which happens to be one that contains a web clip (bookmark) and, of course, the note title.  The title prints beautifully!

I then randomly chose another note, consisting of a bulletized list and a screen capture, and the note title.  The title does NOT print!

if helpful, I can send you the two links to these two notes.

That's because when you use web clip to create a note, the title is also included in the body of the note.

Here is a kludged mac work-around

1. Create an empty note - the title is not important; I usually use "EmptyNote"
  2. Merge that note with the note(s) you want to print. Make sure EmptyNote comes first
    Note: the original notes(s) and EmptyNote will be moved to the trash.
  3. Print the newly merged EmptyNote. The title of the first note (EmptyNote) will not be printed but the titles of all the other notes will
  4. Now for the painful part: Restore the original notes from the Trash and, if you'd like, delete the merged EmptyNote.
  5. Delete the merged and original EmptyNotes from the Trash. (not necessary but it saves space).

If you want to avoid using evernote web space while doing this, turn off synchronization while you are doing the above.

On the plus side, you can print several notes with headers at once this way.

Seems to me the dialog box shown by WestToast92 does not refer to the "Evernote" options of the print dialog box.

Check that you are in the "Evernote" options of this dialog box, and then the "Print Details" should be visible.

Here is the dialog box shown on My Mac, when I go to File/Print. It is in French and "Print Details" is translated into "Imprimer les entêtes".

If you check the option, the title is printed.

Hope it will work for you too.

post-146413-0-93159100-1376487865_thumb.

Ok, on a Mac Air I have been able to print the titles until the last upgrad. Despite the thread here that indicates some have never printed the title I have a printed page from just a couple months ago with the tile printed. What changed and please restore it.

Ok, on a Mac Air I have been able to print the titles until the last upgrad. Despite the thread here that indicates some have never printed the title I have a printed page from just a couple months ago with the tile printed. What changed and please restore it.

Have you been able to print titles from the Evernote application on your Mac, or just from Evernote Web via Safari (or whatever browser you use)?  I've found that note titles do print from Evernote Web, though not when I try and print a note from Evernote on my Mac.

This is STILL a problem - almost 5 years after this thread started!  Please note, Evernote!

99% of the time I print from the Evernote app on my MAC. It is possible the one example I mentioned I did online but will have to test to confirm. Thanks for the feedback ...just not excited that they have ignored what seems a simple issue for five years.

• Level 5

This is STILL a problem - almost 5 years after this thread started!  Please note, Evernote!

If you go to File >> Print you'll get a print dialogue. Hit "Show Details" and then check "Print Headers"

That will print the note title and some other metadata

Have you been able to print titles from the Evernote application on your Mac, or just from Evernote Web via Safari (or whatever browser you use)?  I've found that note titles do print from Evernote Web, though not when I try and print a note from Evernote on my Mac.

January, 2015. Can't print a title with a note from 6.0.5 mac client version of EN. But I can turn on and print 'Header', which gives multiple lines of useless information. I am AMAZED that, apparently, this problem isn't new, even though I thought the title used to print OK on my previous versions of EN.

I would love to get an email from EN telling us what the plan is for the 'Print Title' issue.  Since I use EN as a document repository for a non-profit, having a document title printed when I distribute a copy(s) is a requirement that EN is not fulfilling.  Is it a technical challenge to print a title?

(Won't even try to describe the print situation from the web version. What is EN's strategy for print; on the desktop and the web versions?)

• Level 5

When I print a note from 6.0.5, the title is printed (in bold even) regardless of whether 'Print Headers' is checked.

Getting interesting!

I randomly chose a note to print, which happens to be one that contains a web clip (bookmark) and, of course, the note title.  The title prints beautifully!

I then randomly chose another note, consisting of a bulletized list and a screen capture, and the note title.  The title does NOT print!

I'm a little confused. I'm REALLY interested in being able to print my evernotes W/ the title, but when I go to [FILE] then [PRINT] I can't seem to find the "Show Details" button. I attached a photo of what I'm seeing on my mac.

Is there another way to add the title when printing W/O having to cut and past everything into the body paragraph.

Thanks for your help

post-100090-0-53544900-1344285765_thumb.

Getting interesting!

That's because when you use web clip to create a note, the title is also included in the body of the note.

I question that because I just did a web clip (screen capture) and the note has a title in the title line, but not in the body.  No title line is displayed in the print preview nor is the title printed to the hard copy.  Still looks broken to me!

Getting interesting!

I question that because I just did a web clip (screen capture) and the note has a title in the title line, but not in the body.  No title line is displayed in the print preview nor is the title printed to the hard copy.  Still looks broken to me!

You're right if you select "screenshot". But if you selected article or simplified article, the title is included in the body as well

Getting interesting!

You're right if you select "screenshot". But if you selected article or simplified article, the title is included in the body as well

Correct you are.

It could be that I have been seeing that redundancy and deleting the title that's in the body, since the title line sufficed. May have bit me when I tried to print a long time later, having forgotten that I delete the redundant title in the body.

I will be sensitive to how I 'clean up' my web clips!

Getting interesting!

Correct you are.

It could be that I have been seeing that redundancy and deleting the title that's in the body, since the title line sufficed. May have bit me when I tried to print a long time later, having forgotten that I delete the redundant title in the body.

But there's still a very annoying problem. If you're creating notes any other way (screenshot, full web page, typing a note, cutting and pasting etc.), THE TITLE DOESN'T PRINT UNLESS YOU TURN ON HEADER AND GET THE OTHER JUNK BESIDES THE TITLE.

Evernote, you need to fix this!

Getting interesting!

Correct you are.

But there's still a very annoying problem. If you're creating notes any other way (screenshot, full web page, typing a note, cutting and pasting etc.), THE TITLE DOESN'T PRINT UNLESS YOU TURN ON HEADER AND GET THE OTHER JUNK BESIDES THE TITLE.

Evernote, you need to fix this!

I'm with you!

Evernote, your luster waxes tarnished as I refer folks to EN, tap out a couple notes of informal tutorials for them to peruse and when they print those out to lay on the desk next to their screen, the titles are absent.  I sure won't tell them to check the Knowledge Base for a solution, cuz your aged, dirty laundry is on the clothesline!   You're probably creating marketing opportunities for your competition!

I also cannot print note titles without all the extra junk included when you check "print headers." I do not need or want to have the Notebook name, creation date, or updated date on there. 1) It just junks up the note. 2) When printing out something for a professional presentation, this is extraneous information that you might not want to pass along to those you are handing the printed note to.

This is really maddening. I love Evernote but this has been my biggest peeve about it from day one. This does not seem so difficult to do! It seems that is is a very basic function to be able to print a clean note, with just title and body.

Note that I am on a Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.5, with the latest App Store version of Evernote, 6.0.5.

Evernote, PLEASE fix. Thanks for listening.

I installed update 6.0.6 and was delighted to discover that titles now print along with the note! Thank you very much! 

Same here!  6.0.6 seems to have resolved the Print Title issue!

I did a Cmd-P (Mac) and the Print Preview shows that several flavors of notes all appear to present a title as expected.  

I tested these: 

• a note with attached PDF,
  • a note with embedded jpg,
  • a merged note containing two notes with jpgs

Hi dlu,

I too am grateful to have Evernote.....but does your comment "Noted" (above) mean that the ability (optional?) to print note titles on a Mac is now in an Evernote "To Do" list?

Thanks.

Check out v 6.0.6!    Looks like printing titles on a mac is now possible!

I recall in the early days of Evernote, the title of the note Did Print and at some point it stopped. It is really annoying that the title to a note doesn't print. Am I missing something? I do not want the entire header to print, just the title and the note. Using the online version. (Windows)

On 3/30/2015 at 8:51 AM, RobFontano said:

I recall in the early days of Evernote, the title of the note Did Print and at some point it stopped. It is really annoying that the title to a note doesn't print. Am I missing something? I do not want the entire header to print, just the title and the note. Using the online version. (Windows)

Please make it an option to print the note title or print without the title. My note titles contain mutually exclusive information not contained in the note body (avoiding redundancy) and without the title, it sometimes is difficult to understand the context of the note. Please consider this.  

Looks like the title printing issue has been fixed in version Version 6.10 Beta 1 (454114 Direct). But now the body of the notes is not printing. I would be laughing right now but it's too sad. See my screen capture below.

2016-09-29_15-11-55.png

By the way, does someone do the Q&A at Evernote???? I have to assume so, but I think the Q&A process should be revisited. New updates fixing one issue and breaking another constantly is totally unacceptable. (By the way, it is NOT isolated to one note, it effects all my notes.)

This is very important. I am often retitling clipped notes, and while I can retitle them upon printing (as PDF) locally, I don't have the same control when emailing them, which creates a painful workflow of having to export, retitle, re-clip, then mail.

This is an ancient stream, but found it because I wanted to ask for these things...I often want to print from Evernote...but the pdf's it generates don't even have the note title on them! My request is for:

note title

ability to turn on simple page numbers

ability to adjust margins (default has margins way too wide for my needs!)

One of the reasons I always want to print from Evernote itself, is because when I copy and paste into Pages...the little horizontal-line-divider-thing that is so elegant and handy in Evernote never gets pasted! I use that a ton, because I'm creating lesson plans and slide that divider to differentiate between slides. I have to go back and add them manually. So, really I just print from Evernote and add title and page numbers with a pen.

Would love to see this soon - thank you!

I would really like to add a +1 for adding the note title to prints on the Mac version. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

When I read a book I add a summary to Evernote. Every once in a while I want to review the summaries and I prefer doing this with printouts. If I just print my 100+ book summaries I cannot even find out which book a summary belong to.

Yep, I'll also add my voice / vote for an option in the Mac version to print header information.

An option, as in, can toggle on and off. ;)

I've recently switched to Mac and had to figure out what was up when I printed and there were no headers!

thanks!

I've just uncovered this thread searching for a way to print note titles on my Mac. (Is this something that PC users can do???)

So add me to the petition to have the option to print titles (and the other functional features made in the posts above). It's (only!) been a little over two years since this was first raised as a need, so come on Evernote, please get with the program!!! :)

Umm sort of. I mean yes, esp since Windows has it. But I can't make any promises as to where it is on the list or how long that list is. (You don't want to know, I wish I didn't know...)

The good news is that the Mac team has been on a tear lately. Those guys are impressive

Not being able to print titles to content is a fundamental omission to the software. This thread was started over THREE years ago and the problem still exists.

I should have checked this before I upgraded my account.

Not being able to print titles to content is a fundamental omission to the software. This thread was started over THREE years ago and the problem still exists.

I should have checked this before I upgraded my account.

If you go to File >> Print you'll get a print dialogue. Hit "Show Details" and then check "Print Headers"

That will print the note title and some other metadata

Hi there! I am having the opposite problem- I would like to print a note without the title.

If I press print- The "Options" tab in the lower left hand corner only allows me to get rid of the header-footer, which doesn't get rid of the title for some reason. :(

I am using Google Chrome. Should I try a different web browser?

Archived