Classic Link removed?

why?

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Let's hope not!!!  I use and depend on getting the Note internal ("classic") link on a daily basis to paste into Outlook Mac (and other apps/documents). 

Can anyone from Evernote please confirm that this is just a BUG, and NOT another loss of feature for EN Mac???

I'm moving to an iphone 6 plus and was looking at moving back to EN from Devonthink. I throw everything into Devonthink and use a link to reference. However, I need internal links not http. Don't want the link opening in a browser, but in EN. If this is no longer possible, I will need to look elsewhere.

Just chatted with EN. Below is the transcript. This works my EN now allows me to copy a classic link.

me: I've noticed that the classic note link no longer appears when using the option key. Is this a bug or by design? I'm on Yosemite with the latest version of EN for mac

Just a moment...

Anna: Thanks for contacting Evernote support. Please give me a moment while I look over your request. 
Thanks for your patience, was testing it on my Yosemite computer - I still have the option. You are on 5.6.2, correct? Beta or non-beta? 

me: 5.5.1 (App Store)

Anna: Ah. In that case, I suggest getting on the 5.6.2 version, which is only available from our website right now. To do this, you will need to perform the following steps: * Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ 
* Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.
* Restart your computer
* Download and re-install Evernote from evernote.com/download 

me: Many thanks, I'll give that a try. Why does the app store not update?

Anna: It will, but Apple needs to approve updated versions, and that process can often take a while. 
So the version from our website will always be the most up to date. 

me: App Cleaner does not appear to be 10.10 ready according to the link you sent?

Anna: It should work fine on 10.10, I have tested it out. 

me: Many thanks!

Anna: No problem! Anything else I can assist you with? 

me: No thank you, although it might be useful to post this somewhere for other users, I'll put it on the forum.

Anna: I understand. I think there are a few existing forum posts about it. 
However one more can't hurt. 
If you have no additional questions over chat, I will go ahead and exit now. Have a wonderful day, don't hesitate to chat back or open a support ticket if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you for contacting us.
Chat session disconnected.

I completed the above and can confirm that this now works.

• Level 5*

Just chatted with EN. Below is the transcript. This works my EN now allows me to copy a classic link.

Anna: Ah. In that case, I suggest getting on the 5.6.2 version, which is only available from our website right now. To do this, you will need to perform the following steps: 

* Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ 

* Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.

* Restart your computer

* Download and re-install Evernote from evernote.com/download 

I completed the above and can confirm that this now works.

I just wanted to add a note for anyone reading this thread, now or in the future, the above process completely removes Evernote and ALL Notes from your Mac.  IF you have any LOCAL Notebooks, you must FIRST export them to ENEX before you run the uninstall procedure.  After the reinstall/sync of the new EN version, you can import these ENEX files/notes back into your EN Mac database.

Archived