Extracting parts of pdf file text into Evernote; highlighters; usability; voice

Hi, I have some questions regarding Evernote.

Mac and tablet or feature

I have a mac, but am planning on perhaps getting a tablet -would I be able to use info. & switch from both? Is a tablet or a kindle best for a literature/humanities student? I'd like to be able to extract text from a pdf into a new note file on evernote so I can organize myself on themes, etc.

PDF Files

Also, if I have pdf files, am I able to extract (parts) of the pdf file text and then change its font in my evernotes? So even if the text in the original pdf file is in a column, would I be able to rearrange the text in my evernote as well so the notes are linear, and clear?

Highlighter

Is yellow the only option? I use different colors for different themes/character outlines, etc.

Voice

Is this feature like microsoft notebook audio file? Can I click on text and hear what was being recorded?

• Level 5*

Hi, I have some questions regarding Evernote.

Mac and tablet or feature

I have a mac, but am planning on perhaps getting a tablet -would I be able to use info. & switch from both? Is a tablet or a kindle best for a literature/humanities student? I'd like to be able to extract text from a pdf into a new note file on evernote so I can organize myself on themes, etc.

While some people like the iPad, I have found after extensive use and testing, that a MacBook Air is a MUCH better device for portable systems.  There are MAJOR differences between EN Mac and EN iPad that will at least make EN iPad very frustrating, and in many cases make EN iPad unable to support your workflow.

If you are constrained by budget, now is a great time to buy a used/refurbished MacBook Air.  Buy the refurbished units from Apple if possible.

A MBA-11 is essentially the same size as an iPad.  But, for just a little larger size/weight, the MBA-13 provides outstanding performance, battery life combined with great portability.

The solution of all of the other questions you have are much better with a MBA than with any tablet.

Archived