Notes numbers not the same on Evernote Web and desktop

fredhammersmith

Hi.

A bit upset here.

I was about to trash my Evernote desktop version, to reinstall it and help its speed (because it is now very, v e r y  s l o w, especially when I create a notebook: takes minutes, literaly)

I checked my Web version, and I started to worry.

DESKTOP VERSION

9219 notes (877 in the trash, i do not know if they are counted in the total notes number)

I do not know the number of notebooks (is there anyway to know this? I know it is close to 250, but not there yet, since I still can create syncronized notebooks)

WEB

9045 notes (634 in the trash, same remark as before)

So I decided to ckeck my iOs version, obviously.

9045 notes, 246 notebooks

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Should I check notes count for each notebooks? Might take a day!

Hi.

A bit upset here.

I was about to trash my Evernote desktop version, to reinstall it and help its speed (because it is now very, v e r y  s l o w, especially when I create a notebook: takes minutes, literaly)

I checked my Web version, and I started to worry.

DESKTOP VERSION

9219 notes (877 in the trash, i do not know if they are counted in the total notes number)

I do not know the number of notebooks (is there anyway to know this? I know it is close to 250, but not there yet, since I still can create syncronized notebooks)

WEB

9045 notes (634 in the trash, same remark as before)

So I decided to ckeck my iOs version, obviously.

9045 notes, 246 notebooks

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Should I check notes count for each notebooks? Might take a day!

This is a long known issue (problem).  Some of it happens if you have notebooks shared to you.  IOW, one client includes those notes in the note count & some do not. 

Does it mean I should not worry at all about these numbers?

It means you can either take the time to try to resolve the discrepancies...or not.

Evernote is aware of this issue (I am one of the people who have complained about it in the past.) Clearly, it's not something they consider important or important enough to fix. I don't know why.

Archived