(Archived) Sign In / Remember Me - Desktop Client

jtwilkins

Idea

I was wondering if I have a bug in my desktop client or this is working as intended?

When I run the Evernote client I always must type in my password and click sign in despite having remember me checked. I really don't think the added security of logging in over and over for a desktop client is needed I hope there is some way to fix this so when the program is run it logs in remembers me and logs in automatically.

Thanks

2 replies to this idea

If you click the "Remember me" button on the Mac client login screen, it should remember your password so that you don't need to see this again if you quit the application and start it again. I.e. I never see the login screen on my Mac client, since I've chosen this option months ago.

I'm assuming that:

You're not changing your password anywhere

You're not using different Evernote accounts (i.e. you only have one)

You're not doing something odd with your file system that is throwing away your Evernote database every night

etc.

If that's the case, there may be some sort of problem storing your information on the Mac. You could run the Mac "Console" application after launching the Mac client to see if there are any useful messages in the log there.

You could also try uninstalling and then a clean reinstall from http://www.evernote.com/about/download/

Archived