App closes or returns to previous screen after 20 seconds

Tyco

Idea

App closes or returns to previous screen after 20 seconds or closes. Or if I intend to edit a note, the app will simply close, or crash if that is what is happening. This effect just started today, prior to that all seemed to operate correctly. I have uninstalled reinstalled but same result. App will clip websites and synchronizes correctly with desktop version. However it is impossible to utilize the Kindle HDX app as it is now functioning.

4 replies to this idea

Did the unistall/reinstall again, same result. I am using version 6.0 from Amazon. In the past sideloading apps from google\play have caused me notable grief, so I am hopeful of resolving the issue without following that path.

• Level 5*

Current version is 6.0.2,  so you're not too far adrift.  Any idea what the Android version on your Kindle is?  Evernote requires a recent version,  but says the exact number 'varies with device'.  Meantime I suggest you submit a support request (see below) - make sure you head it "login/account access issues"

Submitted a ticket,butfor some reason I have an invalid email address registered with Evernote( perhaps you remember the

'.como' post)  and seemingly cannot change it I will be unable to receive communication from Support. However thank you gazumped for your suggestions

Cheers Tyco

Archived