Web clipper not working

DavidD

Actually it's not just the clipper. I can't seem to log into the website either, or when I can it takes forever for pages to load and for verifications to be sent. Do you suggest I uninstall Evernote entirely and then reinstall?

• Level 5*

I was just suggesting that you uninstall and reinstall the clipper in your browser,  but there is a new version of Evernote (5.6.2) which may fix things.  If you haven't already got that version and provided you export any unsynced notes and local notebooks beforehand,  you could try a full uninstall/ reinstall.

I'm using 5.6.2 and will leave it alone.

I reinstalled the clipper with no effect. But as I said, I noticed that I had trouble logging into the E website and when I eventually did, I got rid of the "new and improved" beta version and went back to the old version. Now the clipper is working fine... whatever that means.

I'm using 5.6.2 and will leave it alone.

I reinstalled the clipper with no effect. But as I said, I noticed that I had trouble logging into the E website and when I eventually did, I got rid of the "new and improved" beta version and went back to the old version. Now the clipper is working fine... whatever that means.

That's interesting... I mean, I thought that the Evernote web client (whether the "old" or beta version) and the web clipper, worked independently of one another. By that, I mean, you can log in and out of both the web clipper and the web client, individually. I am still able to clip to Evernote when I am signed out of the web client. Apparently, there may be a connection at some level - and reverting back to the old web client seemed to resolve issues with the web clipper. Glad it's working for you now...

Archived