REQUEST: Feature for highlighting project notes

Hello,

I noticed that i and many Evernote users create a note for a project, in which we put some sort of summary about the project, links to different documents, sometimes tasks etc. 

The problem i encounter (and i would guess a lot of others as well) is there is no way to have that note always appear at the top of all other notes. I like to present notes by date (and have them be classified and shown at the top using the category "most recently modified"), and i use tags as project folders.

With all this, my main project note quickly gets buried away in the mass of notes i can have in one project. I give it a fake "last modified date" in the future (like 2020) in order for it to appear at the top, but of course, if i modify that note, the date is changed (back to the real date the document was last changed), and soon the note will not appear at the top anymore (as other notes are added to the project).

Putting each of those main project notes on the left column as favorites is not a solution for me, as i put there all the tags corresponding to my projects, and control lists (the left column would be far too long). What's more, and don't want to access it faster by using the left column, but i just wish to be able to see my main project note right away when i look at what is in a project (clicking on a tag with the project name). 

So my question is this : could Evernote build a feature forcing a note to appear at the top of a list

Thank-you, 

Shadok (sorry for my bad english, i hope i am clear enough)

• Level 5*

@Shadok:

You English is very good, and your request is well written and very clear, so no worries!

I certainly understand you need to display Notes for a given project in an arbitrary order, with the main Note at the top.

Pinning Notes has been requested by many users for years now, but, as you well know, Evernote has not seen fit to provide this feature.

Whether or not they ever will is anyone's  guess.

As a work-around, the best I can offer is to start your main project Note Title with an "!", and then sort the notes on Title.

Hope this helps and at least gives you some ideas to work with.

• Level 5*

Hello,

I noticed that i and many Evernote users create a note for a project, in which we put some sort of summary about the project, links to different documents, sometimes tasks etc. 

The problem i encounter (and i would guess a lot of others as well) is there is no way to have that note always appear at the top of all other notes. I like to present notes by date (and have them be classified and shown at the top using the category "most recently modified"), and i use tags as project folders.

With all this, my main project note quickly gets buried away in the mass of notes i can have in one project. I give it a fake "last modified date" in the future (like 2020) in order for it to appear at the top, but of course, if i modify that note, the date is changed (back to the real date the document was last changed), and soon the note will not appear at the top anymore (as other notes are added to the project).

Putting each of those main project notes on the left column as favorites is not a solution for me, as i put there all the tags corresponding to my projects, and control lists (the left column would be far too long). What's more, and don't want to access it faster by using the left column, but i just wish to be able to see my main project note right away when i look at what is in a project (clicking on a tag with the project name). 

So my question is this : could Evernote build a feature forcing a note to appear at the top of a list

Thank-you, 

Shadok (sorry for my bad english, i hope i am clear enough)

Until a pinning enhancement comes along, if ever, not much to do other than modify the Updated date whenever you modify those project notes.

• Level 5*

Until a pinning enhancement comes along, if ever, not much to do other than modify the Updated date whenever you modify those project notes.

Reminders are the only current pinning tool in Evernote (though, I hasten to add because someone else will, for sure, they're not implemented in List View in the Windows client), unless you want to count a note shortcut "pinning" (which I don't, though it's a useful thing). Because I am a non-Power User Snippet View weenie, reminders work out great for me, and I do this often. Also, as summary / tracking notes probably ought to be updated relatively frequently, sort by updated+reverse should be considered. 

There maybe some two other ways to handle this. 

First, if you are willing to sort by created by date instead of updated date, you can modify the creation date in the Windows application (do it on the information pop up). I do this for a debate club I lead. I change the created by date to the end of the year and sort on creation date. This provides the most stable way to handle this. 

However, you can, in the same way, also modify the updated date. This way you can sort by updated by dates. However, this way is much less stable because if you edit the note you want to stay at the top it will change its update date to the current one. If you rarely or never edit that top note then you could use this method, but if it gets edited often then using the created by method works better. 

Archived