Multiple EN accounts

Multiple EN accounts

I have been an EN user for 2+ years and LOVE IT!!

I have an EN account for organizing my family and personal stuff.

I’d like to start using it for my work projects.   What do you think about having 2 EN accounts?  One for work and one for personal use?  Or should I just make different work folders within my one account.

My concern with 2 accounts is bouncing back and forth.

Thanks for your input

• Level 5*

I do this, and it works pretty well for me. You can share folders back and forth, too. On the desktop, WIndows at least, signing out and signing into a new account is not a big deal, but on some mobile clients, like Android, it is (your cached notes are cleared from the first account, and then the second account needs to be downloaded). Sharing just seems to work better for me. For purposes of sharing, I think that you can only share at most one notebook that's writeable by the other accounts, but you can share unlimited read-only notebooks. Premium has no such limit.

• Level 5*

Multiple EN accounts

I have been an EN user for 2+ years and LOVE IT!!

I have an EN account for organizing my family and personal stuff.

I’d like to start using it for my work projects.   What do you think about having 2 EN accounts?  One for work and one for personal use?  Or should I just make different work folders within my one account.

My concern with 2 accounts is bouncing back and forth.

Thanks for your input

If the computers you want to put Evernote on are owned and controlled by you, then I don't see much advantage of having separate accounts.  You could just use Notebooks or Tags ("Work", "Personal") to separate your notes.  Tags probably offer the most flexibility, although you will need Notebooks to share or store offline on iOS devices.

OTOH, if you do your work stuff on a computer provided by your employer, then separate accounts may make more sense.  You may not want your personal stuff exposed at work, and your employer might not want to provide the storage of your personal stuff.

Archived