How to view the rigth photo first on an extrait of a note?

I try to built a reference guide of butterflies. When I consult the notes on my androïd or in the mode "extrait" on the PC, the photo are shown in a randon rank (not un respect of date, size, ...). How te get a specifide photo first?

Thank you

• Level 5*

Notes are never random; they're always sorted with respect to some criterion. On the PC, you need to click on the icon at the top right of the note view, select "Sort Notes By", and choose a sorting criterion. On the Android, you'll need to click on the menu icon (three dots), and select "Sort", but sorting options are more limited on the Android than on the PC.

Thank you for this quick response.

I have to give you more information: my problem is not to sort notes but to stabilised the composant of a note. I need to visualized photos in the same order on note view, extrait view and androïd view. By this way, when I open the note on androïd I visualized the first the aduld butterflies, ... and at least the caterpillar. Please have a look to the attach screanshot. See the Vulcain in a good rank in the note view and wrong rank in the extrait view.

post-230316-0-20323900-1414067535_thumb.

• Level 5*

I think that there's a little bit of language / translation difficulty going on here. Are you talking about being able to choose the image thumbnail being used in a note display? If so, that is not something that a user can control. If it's important to you, then you might try maintaining notes with only a single image, and somehow linking related notes (same species, etc.) using note links or tags.

• Ex Employees

I think that there's a little bit of language / translation difficulty going on here. Are you talking about being able to choose the image thumbnail being used in a note display? If so, that is not something that a user can control. If it's important to you, then you might try maintaining notes with only a single image, and somehow linking related notes (same species, etc.) using note links or tags.

For thumbnails, Evernote selects the image with the largest smallest dimension. 

This thread describes how your note thumbnails is chosen:  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/18482-choosing-a-thumbnail/page-2

• Level 5*

This thread describes how your note thumbnails is chosen:  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/18482-choosing-a-thumbnail/page-2

Yeah, I know all that (I was there for the original explanation). :) Edit: though it's not a bad thing to repeat it.

I was saving it for my hole card, though -- it's a bit technical, and while a user can jury-rig their images to force a particular image to be the thumbnail, it's not particularly convenient; it's certainly not supported by any Evernote UI that I've ever seen...

Thank you for this quick response.

I have to give you more information: my problem is not to sort notes but to stabilised the composant of a note. I need to visualized photos in the same order on note view, extrait view and androïd view. By this way, when I open the note on androïd I visualized the first the aduld butterflies, ... and at least the caterpillar. Please have a look to the attach screanshot. See the Vulcain in a good rank in the note view and wrong rank in the extrait view.

I love it! Fantastic use of Evernote!

Yeah, I know all that (I was there for the original explanation). :) Edit: though it's not a bad thing to repeat it.

I was saving it for my hole card, though -- it's a bit technical, and while a user can jury-rig their images to force a particular image to be the thumbnail, it's not particularly convenient; it's certainly not supported by any Evernote UI that I've ever seen...

Thank you. My butterflies are at their right places!

Archived