free vs premium number of notebooks allowed

I'm reading the doc on this, it says

"Notebooks

Number of personal notebooks

Number of joined notebooks and Business Notebooks (owned or joined)
Free: 100
Premium: 250
Business: 250
Number of people joining a single notebook

Number of people joining a Public Notebook 
Unlimited"

I'm not sure what to make of this. How many notebooks are allowed on a free account? What is a joined notebook? Thank you. 

I'm reading the doc on this, it says

"Notebooks

Number of personal notebooks

Number of joined notebooks and Business Notebooks (owned or joined)

Free: 100

Premium: 250

Business: 250

Number of people joining a single notebook

Number of people joining a Public Notebook

Unlimited"

I'm not sure what to make of this. How many notebooks are allowed on a free account? What is a joined notebook? Thank you.

Joined notebooks are notebooks in another account that have been shared to you. The last I knew, free and premium accounts are limited to 250 personal notebooks (notebooks that are in *your* account). Apparently, free users can only join 100 notebooks while premium users can join 250...if the documentation is correct.

• Level 5*

The numbers are wrong. I think. You can only have 250 notebooks as a Premium member. One notebook has to be your own (as far as I know) and not a joined one. So, it is impossible. Unless, you can have 250 + 250. I kind of doubt it. At any rate, it is terribly unclear, and the KB could use a few sample situations to clarify things.

But, then again, the numbers are in flux. At one point, the Japanese site had a much larger number of notebooks available. Apparently, this will be bumped up, but I don't know when. Maybe these numbers reflect part of the new scale.

Anyhow, if you are anywhere near 100 or 250, we should probably have a talk about tags. Not that there is anything wrong with notebooks, but I think it is worth discussing your options.

• Level 5*

Anyhow, if you are anywhere near 100 or 250, we should probably have a talk about tags. Not that there is anything wrong with notebooks, but I think it is worth discussing your options.

Ooh, ooh, and stacks. Don't forget about the stacks!!! :)

• Level 5*

See the official Evernote KB article: Comparison of EN Account Types

I don't know if this is correct or not, but it is what is being advertised by Evernote now.

One exception I do know about is that Evernote employees have stated that they are "rolling out" an increase in monthly allowance to 4GB for Premium Account owners.  I can confirm that as my account has been increased.

• Level 5*

See the official Evernote KB article: Comparison of EN Account Types

I don't know if this is correct or not, but it is what is being advertised by Evernote now.

One exception I do know about is that Evernote employees have stated that they are "rolling out" an increase in monthly allowance to 4GB for Premium Account owners.  I can confirm that as my account has been increased.

the op was talking about an official kb article. in fact, both kb articles were apparently updated yesterday, but they contain conflicting information, so someone has to be wrong. and, being right today for one user might be wrong for another, because changes are apparently rolling out. this is why i stopped updating my own page on limits (i'll provide no link, because it is outdated). even if i try and keep it updated, it is going to be wrong for someone!

i think it is probably best to wait a few more months and find out what the new limits will be.

I'm not even close to any of the notebook limits. Or tags, for that matter...

If you hit the tag limit someday (100,000), let us know! I want to hear what happens. Maybe you get a prize or something :)

If, from the get-go, one foresees that they will need in excess of 100,000 tags, they would do well, like yourself, to hashtag the note title/ body - but if,  and only if, they can solve a 3x3 Rubik's cube blindfolded in 27 seconds - they might make a good go of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-rd9ZR-TA

• Level 5*

I'm not even close to any of the notebook limits. Or tags, for that matter...

If you hit the tag limit someday (100,000), let us know! I want to hear what happens. Maybe you get a prize or something :)

Actually, my tag count is pretty low, too -- maybe 200 on the personal account and pretty stable. A combination of tag + keyword filtering generally gets things down to a small list, and I can usually pick from there. 

Archived