Stop sharing with a ghost; stop sharing a single note

redwoodtwig

I had shared a notebook with another ID I was using that has since been deleted.  The notebook still shows the share symbol with my current ID listed, but when I go into the sharing options it doesn't show who it's being shared with.  I also have some notebooks that I have publicly shared and they also show my current ID, but for them when I go into the sharing options I can see who they are and can delete or modify them.

It is possible that the notebook that shows the share symbol but doesn't show who it is being shared with could have had a single note shared by URL, but there is nothing that tells me which note that might be.

Is there any way to remove a share when it shows a share but not who it is shared with?

• Level 5*

If you search for sharedate:* you'll get a list of all notes that are currently shared.  Not sure how reliable that is and beware that it also includes notes in notebooks that are being managed by third party apps like calendars and to-do software.

• Level 5*

If you search for sharedate:* you'll get a list of all notes that are currently shared.  Not sure how reliable that is and beware that it also includes notes in notebooks that are being managed by third party apps like calendars and to-do software.

Thanks for sharing that (no pun intended) Gaz.  Using that search, I found two Notes that I didn't remember sharing.  Selecting the "Share" icon, and then "Stop Sharing" ended that.  But, it did NOT give me any way of seeing who it had been shared with.

This is one of the basic problems with Evernote Sharing -- and they (Evernote) even go so far as calling it "collaboration" -- which is NOT!

IMO, Evernote sharing is ill-conceived, ill-designed, and poorly implemented.  Evernote CEO Phil Libin has all these "great" ideas about the future of computing, well, IMO, he needs to start with building a solid foundation with what he currently has.  We all know about the "house built on sand . . ."

• Level 5*

Sharing is a bit of a train wreck at the moment,  with issues relating to tags,  syncing,  collaboration, notifications - and, as here, basic information about who shared what to whom and when.  Changes are a-comin' though...  we're told...

Archived