Yosemite Mac sync issue after reinstalling

IvanPsy

Idea

Hi everybody

I just installed Yosemite from scratch after a system formatting.

I installed the latest EN client from AppStore.

It starts to sync, but after about 100 notes it stops giving a sync issue.

Then if I restart the sync it shows the download bar but no real download occurs.

How can I fix it?

TNX!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Installing the latest EN Mac Beta is a double-edged sword.  It may in fact be the best choice for running EN Mac on Yosemite at this moment in time.  OTOH, it is BETA, and, IMO, that is always risky, particularly with Evernote.

For me, the best choice is staying on Mavericks until ALL of the Mac Apps I need have demonstrated an ability to run reliably on Yosemite.  It might take a few months, but I'm prepared to wait.  Mavericks is running fine, and I can live without the cool new features of Yosemite.

I just tried this a couple of nights ago on Yosemite.  I installed a 5.5 release (downloaded version) and then signed-in and re-synced all of my notes.  It worked well for me.  Now I did not try the App Store version so that could be the difference.  I don't think this is a Yosemite / Evernote issue that everyone is seeing.  At least I haven't heard of this being a major issue.  IvanPsy, did you eventually get this working?  

• Level 5*

I just tried this a couple of nights ago on Yosemite.  I installed a 5.5 release (downloaded version) and then signed-in and re-synced all of my notes.  It worked well for me.  Now I did not try the App Store version so that could be the difference.  I don't think this is a Yosemite / Evernote issue that everyone is seeing.  At least I haven't heard of this being a major issue.  IvanPsy, did you eventually get this working?  

Marcus, I hope you're reading all posts as reported by some in these forums outside of this thread.  I am seeing a lot of users reporting errors when updating, particularly if they are running the Yosemite OS.  It's pretty clear to me that there is some kind of update bug.

Archived