Evernote from the Mac App Store

El_Flaco

Idea

Hello,

this is my first post in this board.

I've been using EN for some months and I find it very useful. I started downloading the Mac App Store version.

Anyway, I've read from the blog that a new version is been out for quite some time but not available from the MAS yet. Since the home page doesn't refer to the Mac App Store at all, pointing you to a direct download instead, I asked myself if the website version is the "better" version.

I'd like to know if the MAS version is still supported (last update is from April) and if I should switch to the direct download from the website.

Also, I found out that the option to autostart the EN Helper at boot time doesn't work and I think this correlates to the fact the I have the MAS version installed on my Mac.

So, I'm looking for some advice regarding which version to use.

Thank you,

Mario

7 replies to this idea

Any other reason for switching to the direct download version? Is the MAS one still supported? I think that if you are not going to update it regularly and prefer users to get the software from the website, you might just as well pull it.

• Level 5*

They've had multiple issues with the direct download version, I'm guessing they wanted to be stable before they pushed an App Store release.

The current App Store version is one dot release behind the direct download so it's hardly been abandoned.

We can control release timing with direct download. MAS will be updated as soon as possible.

I call shenanigans on this response. Are you trying to tell us that big bad Apple has prevented you from releasing Evernote updates into the App Store  since April 8th? 

MAS version is still on 5.5.1 and it is November 8th. 

• Level 5*

We can control release timing with direct download. MAS will be updated as soon as possible.

I call shenanigans on this response. Are you trying to tell us that big bad Apple has prevented you from releasing Evernote updates into the App Store  since April 8th? 

MAS version is still on 5.5.1 and it is November 8th. 

Actually you are probably better off staying with Ver 5.5.1 until Evernote works out all the kinks/bugs in Ver 5.7.x.

Archived