How do I insert a screenshot into a specific note?

Hi All,

I have the latest Evernote Windows app.  This has a New Screenshot button at the top left - when I click on this button and take a screenshot, it always creates a new note.  I want to take a screenshot and insert it into a specific note (in fact, the one I am currently editing).  How do I do this?

Thanks,

Ed.

• Level 5*

The easiest way that I know how to do this is to start up the screen clipper (WIn+PrtScn), hold down the Ctrl key while making your selection (this directs the screen capture to the Windows clipboard), and then paste it into your note where you want it.

Here's another method.

Windows 7 (and I presume Windows 8) comes with an app called "Snipping Tool". Start it up. It will give you the opportunity to draw a rectangle around any portion of your screen, copy it, and then you can paste it into any Evernote Note.

• Level 5*

Windows 7 (and I presume Windows 8) comes with an app called "Snipping Tool". Start it up. It will give you the opportunity to draw a rectangle around any portion of your screen, copy it, and then you can paste it into any Evernote Note.

What I like about the Evernote clipper is that you can clip straight to Evernote, to the clipboard (hold down the Ctrl key), or to a file on the desktop (hold down the Shift key).

• 1 year later...

Hi, the simple snip and paste is not working for me. It seems to indicate that everything has worked, by showing a green check mark at the top right corner, but nothing gets pasted in. 

I have Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1. Any pointers on what I could do to troubleshoot would be helpful. 

Thank you!

• Ex Employees
On 6/1/2016 at 3:44 AM, ASrivastava said:

Hi, the simple snip and paste is not working for me.

There are mentions of both the MS snipping tool and the Evernote clipper in this thread. Please provide more details on how you're  attempt to clip/snip and paste into Evernote. Thanks. 

Archived