Apple´s Handoff/Continuity technology on Evernote?

• Level 5*

That would be nice, but there are sooooo many other features that I would much rather see first.

And, to start with, Evernote needs to make the existing sync work much better, be rock solid.

I am seeing daily reports of sync issues that are either bugs or design flaws.  These need to be fixed, and soon.

• 1 month later...

Motion seconded for Handoff support.  Once I thought of this, I keep finding times where it'd be great to seamlessly switch working with a note on another device.  Some cases are "carry and go", to transfer a note from a Mac to an iOS device, others are the reverse: I'm using an iOS device and want to switch modes/tools to a workstation environment.

Are we going to see in the near future the Apple´s Handoff/Continuity technology on Evernote?

It would be great to see our notes immediately synced after writing anything.

Probably yes...

Motion seconded for Handoff support.  Once I thought of this, I keep finding times where it'd be great to seamlessly switch working with a note on another device.  Some cases are "carry and go", to transfer a note from a Mac to an iOS device, others are the reverse: I'm using an iOS device and want to switch modes/tools to a workstation environment.

Here's an article from engadget.com (December 2), where Phil Libin talks about just that:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/02/evernotes-ceo-siri-and-wearables-are-doing-it-wrong/

Libin's stance on augmented intelligence, not surprisingly, also feeds into his view of wearables. For one, he finds it silly for watches to have apps. Instead, he thinks wearables will be more useful as additional screens to augment what we're doing on our existing devices. "It isn't any particular form factor that's important," Libin said. "It's this idea that when you use an app in the near future you'll be using it across multiple devices at the same time. Think about how profound that is." He offered up a hypothetical example of how Evernote could fit into this view: Imagine you're perusing Evernote on your phone when a call comes in. Instead of losing access to the note when you hold your phone to your ear, you can simply hold up your smartwatch to continue reading the very same Evernote entry. And he sees that eventually applying to just about every connected device, including your TV and car.

• Level 5*

If I am on wifi, my IOS devices sync upon completion of the edit to the note, so I guess you could call that hand off/continuity.  Not always the case if I am off wifi, make modifications to a note, and then return to wifi.  Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes I get the spinning wheel and it takes a couple of syncs to fix itself.

Otherwise I do manual hand-off by hitting sync when I leave/enter a platform.  So yeah, would be nice if all platforms synced updates immediately.  But I would also like to see a forum without any sync threads.  

Good idea

This should be a premium only feature however.

This would destroy the free users 60mb free allowance upload.

Unless handoff works exclusively through Wifi... Not really sure... I own a Macbook pro android combination. So never tried it...

Next phone will probably be apple... So have some interest in this.

• Level 5*

Good point.  To be honest I don't know how much storage allowance is consumed when you edit a note locally.  Could be anywhere from the changes made to the whole note I suppose.  But, since I am a premium user and never really got too close to the 1GB, let alone the 4GB, I have never really thought about it.  Don't think it would make too much difference relative to continuity though, same bytes different times.

Archived