Evernote Stock calendar needed..

Sugeeth Krish

• Evernote Expert

I have tried tons of third party apps, but nothing seems as good as the experiences built within Evernote, whether it is the highlighter, the Reminder pin or the integrated annotations and skitching..

The only third party app that i use regularly is the Feedly + Reeder combo, which pushes stuff into Evernote..

For an app that is so strong, Evernote rather than building complex stuff like understanding 'context' and all, should consider first building an inbuilt calendar.. 

If that happens, I can ditch google calendar and make my life more productive within Evernote itself.. 

• Level 5*

I have tried tons of third party apps, but nothing seems as good as the experiences built within Evernote, whether it is the highlighter, the Reminder pin or the integrated annotations and skitching..

The only third party app that i use regularly is the Feedly + Reeder combo, which pushes stuff into Evernote..

For an app that is so strong, Evernote rather than building complex stuff like understanding 'context' and all, should consider first building an inbuilt calendar.. 

If that happens, I can ditch google calendar and make my life more productive within Evernote itself.. 

Just in case you haven't tried these:

- Tusktools

- Sunrise

I've heard good things about both.

• Level 5*

..and recently I was doubtful about the advantages of a Business account for single/ small users in a different thread - then Evernote started promoting their new Business 'working environment' which sounds very interesting (although detail is sadly lacking so far).  I would have thought a working environment would pretty clearly need a calendar..

Sorry if this comes across as spammy... but I came up with my own task management solution because rarely do you find an app that gives you what you want. I use Kanbana app for iOS/ web to manage tasks... but set up what I like to call my "Kanban Calendar" system. I post once a week on my blog, featuring a new app... and recently I've gotten around to implementing the same in Evernote. I'm in the middle of a 5-part series specifically for Evernote... and in each case, I create my own "calendar" of sorts (similar to a tickler file, if you will) as part of the system. Each post presents/ will present a wildly different setup in Evernote...

If you need a calendar-based system and are open to a reworked Kanban mix, you'll find these posts interesting. There are 2 posts, with a 3rd one possibly coming out tomorrow. Here's the first one:

http://www.productivitymashup.com/blog/2014/10/7/kanban-calendar-evernote-series-1-of-5

Just in case you haven't tried these:

- Tusktools

- Sunrise

I've heard good things about both.

Tusktool looks interesting. I might try that.

Sunrise looks like it's mobile and online only, which doesn't interest me. I like tools that sync online but are available offline as well. I may just be too oldschool but I'm much more comfortable when I know that if the service disappears (or locks me out) tomorrow I still have the ability to export my data out. My calendar, contacts and notes are too important to me to trust entirely to an online service, which is why I've stuck with exchange/outlook for contacts and calendar (and evernote, of course, for notes) rather than fully moved over to Google services despite the advantages that would give me being on the Android platform for my phone.

It's for that reason, along with reasonably good cross platform compatibility that I fully agree with the OP. I'd love to see a full calendar implementation with all of evernote's note features built into appointment notes.

Outlook does actually allow for a great deal of information, formatting and attachments to be included into an appointment but much of that never makes it across to Android and other mobile platforms clients. Even support for appointment categories is pretty hard to find in a decent client. So having a calendar piggyback on evernote's existing cross-platform software would be fantastic.

I'd also love to see a contact manager with better annotation of phone numbers and other fields and support of evernote's notes. I was hoping evernote was moving in that direction with "hello" but it looks like they're abandoning that too.

Ideally calendar and contacts would also sync with other services (or provide API to allow for third party addins to do so) for better integration across different platforms but having the original data backed up safely in evernote.

As a remember/annotate everything system, which is the heart of evernote, I think these functions make sense. Certainly they make much more sense to me than selling upscale physical accessories through an online store... Although if that makes extra capital that's actually put back into evernote software development, please continue to sell those...

Archived