Can Evernote organize Notebooks?

Naive Scholar

Can Evernote organize Notebooks? 

Not all notebooks are timeless. Some notebooks are time driven.They are extremely relevant in 2013, but not as much 2014. 

Not all notebooks are exclusive. Some notebooks are related. This notebook is for biology notes, but this other one is for chemistry notes. 

I don't want to delete my notebooks, but not all my notebooks are active. I am a organizational minimalist - I only want to see the notebooks I am actively working on. Of course, I want to always be able to access my older notes, but I don't always want to search through my notebooks to find the one I am looking for. Yes, I realize there are shortcuts, but that contributes to the visual clutter and makes you take a mental double take. It would be better if I could lump certain notebooks under one folder or binder like "Notebooks 2013" or "Class Notebooks - Semester 1 2008" or "College Notebooks" or "Books." The added hierarchy would eliminate the clutter of seeing all my notebooks at one - Active and Inactive. 

Let me know. 

A lot depends on you. You could make an archive stack which would normally stay closed and clean. Or you could put all the notes in one archive notebook and use tags to distinguish them.

This second way is my way, but it is a personal preference.

Archived