Note editing and syncing across devices

Hi,

I've got a question about editing and syncing across devices.  I use Evernote on an android tablet, phone and via a web browser.

• If I edit the note on one of my mobile devices, I've sometimes noticed that it doesn't necessarily sync instantaneously. So, if I go to the browser or my or other device, how do I know If I'm working with the most current note? This might happen because of connection settings (I might be inside a store or building) or perhaps I'm on my tablet which is wifi.
  • If I'm not working with the most current note, how will evernote handle the conflict or discrepancies if I then edit on one of my other two devices?

I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks for the help.

• Level 5*
  • If I edit the note on one of my mobile devices, I've sometimes noticed that it doesn't necessarily sync instantaneously. So, if I go to the browser or my or other device, how do I know If I'm working with the most current note? This might happen because of connection settings (I might be inside a store or building) or perhaps I'm on my tablet which is wifi.
Then just force-sync Evernote before you switch over: swipe from the left and look for the Sync button, or open the menu and look for the Sync item.

• If I'm not working with the most current note, how will evernote handle the conflict or discrepancies if I then edit on one of my other two devices?
You would get a note conflict, in which case you usually wind up with two copies of the note, which you must then resolve.
  • Level 5*

I think that it depends on the Evernote client, but it's been very rare for me. You should wind up with a Conflicting Notes notebook (that you didn't make), with the notes inside it.

• Level 5*

Hi,

I've got a question about editing and syncing across devices.  I use Evernote on an android tablet, phone and via a web browser.

I hope my questions make sense.

Thanks for the help.

It is best to manually sync, and sync often, especially after:

1. Entry/Edit of an important note
  2. End of Session BEFORE you close or put your machine to sleep
  3. End of Day
  4. Start using a different device

Archived