Yosemite and 5.6.2 beta unusable, and I can't down grade

philosopherdog

Idea

8 replies to this idea

similar experience here. I blindly installed 5.6.2 Beta and now issue of not being able to type in a note after a few seconds. I tried to downgrade, but can't go back to 5.6.1 since database is being managed by a newer version. 

This version seems to cause the cursor to disappear, never to return. It seems to be happening on a background sync, but it's hard to tell. Seems to blink, and then bye bye cursor. Tried deleting it and reinstalling. No dice. I can't down grade either. So, I'm stuck with an unusable editor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG2EdD2egGs&feature=youtu.be

Philospherdog, were you able to fix this issue?  I'm not able to reproduce it here.  Have you tried mchiado's suggestion of reinstalling?

I reported earlier that reinstalling fixed, but issue came back. I'm able to continue by working with note docked in main application window, as opposed to the note appearing is a separate window. I still see the flash and cursor vanish, but clicking in the docked window bring cursor back.

I reported earlier that reinstalling fixed, but issue came back. I'm able to continue by working with note docked in main application window, as opposed to the note appearing is a separate window. I still see the flash and cursor vanish, but clicking in the docked window bring cursor back.

Got it.  You see the issue when in a floating window and there's a sync.  I'm able to reproduce this.  Thanks.  We'll investigate.  Is this new in 5.6.2?

Thanks.  I was also able to reproduce this only on 5.6.2 and not on 5.6.1.  It also appears to happen on Yosemite as well as Mavericks.  I'll have to go back to the team to figure out our next steps.  Thanks again for reporting this issue and for testing the Beta release and catching this major issue before we released it to a bunch of people.

Ok, glad you could reproduce it. It's still broken after re-installing, and the problem occurs whether the note is floating or not. It seems something is happening on a background sync. I just did another clearer video before I checked back. Hopefully you can push out something quickly. I guess in the mean time I'll have to use the web interface. I guess that's my problem for relying on beta builds. :) Living dangerously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7V2wzWhj-k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Archived