two accounts and want to swap data from one to the other

Hello,

I have two accounts in evernote, personal and business (created as personal). two different email addresses.

I started using the personal one for work and then decided to create one just for work.

I created these before I knew I could just change the email in my personal account to the work email.

I now have tried to delete the work account and change the email in the personal evernote but it keeps saying that the work email is in use although I deleted the account (no notes in it either)

Without exporting the personal and importing to the work account is there a way for me to change my associated email in my personal account? (besides contacting evernote)

Also why can I not keep two tabs open in Chrome with different evernote accounts. It keeps changing to most recent used in second tab. Annoying as hell.

Thanks

Raffaele

• Level 5*

Yes. There is a limitation of the maximum number of writeable notebooks you can share from a free account (I think it's still one), but you can share unlimited notebooks as read-only, and links and pictures will come along.

• Level 5*

How is it done for all I see is social and email links?

I don't understand this question.

You share notebooks individually. Somewhere in the notebook info you should find a way to share it; for example, in the WIndows client, I just right-click on the notebook, and select "Share Notebook", and go from there.

Sorry, no punctuation in that line.

Well, what I figured out, (for anyone else having a similar issue) is to do this.

In Windows Client

First export all of the notebook by clicking on the notebook and then right click export

Then,

File / add another user (for free account, paid account can access multiple accounts)

login in as the other user

File / import / Evernote export files

follow the prompts and you will have all the notes in a folder called Imported Notebook

No links this way but all notes are there including Word attachments

This is easier than the sharing option. Can be done for individual notes too.

• Level 5*

If you want a one-shot, then this works. If you want to share notes back and forth actively, then this doesn't work. Sharing notebooks works fine, and is not that difficult.

Archived