Why can't I edit from my mobile devices?

aimeesh

Whenever I use a spreadsheet, just a simple planned out schedule, I can only edit it from my desktop or laptop, but not my mobile devices. I thought for sure I'd be able to edit from my tablet assuming it was just a cell phone limitation, but editing is "locked" on there too. I can edit any information above and below the table, but nothing within the grid of the table.

This is really irritating, as my main love for Evernote comes from being able to use on multiple devices!

Any way to fix this or do I need to just wait for the company to stop creating limits that make no sense?

• Level 5*

So you've taken a copy of part of a spreadsheet,  embedded it in a note on your desktop,  and you're wanting to edit it on your  mobile device?  You'd need something able to open and edit spreadsheets on your mobile.  What OS do you have on desktop and mobile?

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Not sure what the problem is, but I don't usually spend a lot of time troubleshooting on my devices.

My process would be to reboot the device

Next solution is to delete the app and reinstall.
Warning - make sure you sync first

I have only 2 devices registered but after reinstalling app, I received a message when I clicked on the lock that stated my list was too big to edit on my phone and needed to edit on my PC. I checked a different note and I was able to edit it. THANKS for your assistance.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, kennyfar said:

when I clicked on the lock that stated my list was too big to edit on my phone and needed to edit on my PC. I checked a different note and I was able to edit it

Glad to hear you got an answer

Can I ask how big your note was?  It might be an Android thing, but I haven't encountered a "too big" problem

Not sure how long since I don't see a line count and the list is not numbered. It is a list of all the sites in alphabetical order that I have registered on.  I have now cut the list in half and saved it as 2 notes so I should be able to continue to edit it for a while.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Candid said:

In the past, I've found that if I have have a chart with bullets, checkboxes, etc inside it that I can't edit it on Android. 

It has been the case that the mobile editor couldn't handle the formatting generated by desktop bullets and checkboxes.  We have a new editor now though,  so maybe that will change...

Archived