Evernote on Android 2x device won't update

Hey guys, I had a question. I'm using Evernote on Android 2.3.6 device. Due to financial reasons, I had to let go of my smartphone service so I haven't updated and still use my old phone as just a hand-held Android device. I use Evernote all the time on it but noticed that it hasn't updated to version 6 that just came out but I'm still surprised I have Evernote on it. Usually, when apps update to Android 4x, the app drops from my device. Evernote hasn't from mine which I'm glad to see but it hasn't updated either to version 6. I'm using Evernote 5.8.5 still so is there a reason for this? I could understand if Evernote 6 for Android only works on Android 4x devices but did Evernote do Android 2x users a favor by supporting older devices or something? I'm just surprised it hasn't dropped from my OS like OneNote did when Android 4.0 came out. Just curious.

I do intend to upgrade to 4.0 but have to admit it's nice to still  have Evernote on my device, even if if it's version 5. Is Android 6 only for Android 4.0?

Joel

Okay, that's what I thought. I just didn't expect to still have it, I guess but have to admit, nice that the app just didn't drop from my phone. Perhaps the people at Evernote have it set up that, if you have an older form of Android then the app won't update which allows us last "hold-overs" to be able to still use it. Who knows. Like I said, it's nice regardless because Microsoft OneNote dropped me like a hot potato once Android 4.0 came out. 

Anyway, thanks guys. ;)

Joel

Archived