please, please, please! - add back in the ability to do links to the Evernote Web beta

faddah

Idea

hello,

i am using the evernote web beta mostly on an acer C720P chrome book, in the chrome web browser, naturally, this version of chrome -

Version 37.0.2062.120 (64-bit)
Platform 5978.98.1 (Official Build) stable-channel peppy
Firmware Google_Peppy.4389.86.0

i really am enjoying the new interface and how nice it is to use via a web browser - may make me even give up ever using the iOS iPad & iPhone evernote apps. however...

please, please, please - i am begging you here, really, please add back in the feature to do url web links in notes. it is killing me currently not to  be able to do that through the beta web interface. i have searched and searched all over the interface and can find no feature to do this where it used to be simply hitting the "link" button before to add a url web link in to some text. this especially hurts in creating articles i am going to port over to wordpress for blog/article posts. would you please add this back in? by the way, i would have made this a support e-mail instead of a forum post, but i apparently cannot e-mail evernote support through the web interface unless i have a premium membership - something i can readily do from my iOS apps. so, uh, yeah - please add that functionality back in also.

you know, a url web link. like this one -->>  evernote.

yes, i can do it here in your forums, but not in the new evernote web beta interface. really hurting me here not to have that fucntionality. please add it back in.

thank you.

best

--  faddah wolf

portland, oregon, u.s.a.

19 replies to this idea

I also +1 on this feature.

Although the subject line of the thread is rather grating and @faddah comes off as impatient and needy (or perhaps wanty), I have to agree with the sentiment: Links (both regular web links and note links) have become a very vital part of my Evernote process. I hadn't realized how important they were until I started using the web beta last week. I tried to stick it out, but I think I'm going to go back to the old version until that feature is available. I'm a bit unclear, however, as to how to tell when that has happened - Is there a feature checklist somewhere that I can refer to periodically?

@gazumped - like @chinanut I'm confused about the sigh. If people don't come on this forum and "vote with their comments" on which features are most important to them, how will the developers know how to prioritize? If they're not interested in our opinion, then this forum has no purpose.

• Level 5*

If you check the signature block in any of my posts,  you'll notice a link to 'support requests and feedback' which you're welcome to use.  It's also a link from the main web page.  I can't raise a request for you.

how is not having the ability to do links, a very standard, simple functionality in ALL OTHER VERSIONS OF EVERNOTE, not being available here, NOT an actual problem to talk about, @gazumped ?? why has evernote now made it so i can only get non-answers like that in these un-useful forums and have hidden away their support e-mails from all but paying subscribers? you find that and your response even remotely reasonable? i, obviously, DO NOT. knock off your ridiculously presumptuous, condescending and pejorative tone and get me in touch WITH ACTUAL EVERNOTE SUPPORT PEOPLE.

• Level 5*

Agreed this was an unwelcome surprise present for a lot of people,  and the only responses I've seen from Evernote have been in the forum here - they did pin an update (see above) and said -amongst other things- "As many of our support staff have already noted on individual threads, we are working hard to reintroduce features that didn't make our first version of the new web client." 

But they did make it wonderfully easy to zip back to the old version if you wanted or needed to.

So can we get back to other actual problems now? Please?

• Level 5*

The reality is that this isn't a fully featured beta, it's a limited alpha. The good news is you can just go back and use the fully functional current web app. It isn't being forced on anyone and you can go back and forward as often as you'd like.

Also, calm the hell down - this is an internet forum where people try and help each other out, we try and be nice to each other.

<sigh>

@gazumped - like @chinanut I'm confused about the sigh. If people don't come on this forum and "vote with their comments" on which features are most important to them, how will the developers know how to prioritize? If they're not interested in our opinion, then this forum has no purpose.

You're welcome to vote with your comments, but face it; the web beta is already known to be lacking features that they will be adding back in as soon as they can. Safe bet that they already have their own priorities set for release, and it seems unlikely to me that user "voting" will change them, much, if at all. Once they deem the new web client complete enough to call it a "release", then user voting might be more influential.

This is a web BETA, not a freakin ALPHA or pre-Alpha... It should have all the features they expect to release and be testing for bugs, missing features, and finding opportunities to add new features. A beta for an updated UI should not mean, "half of the original product". Additionally, it shouldn't pop up for EVERYONE if it is so limited. Peoples' concerns are founded in my opinion, especially considering the vagueness of the "PIN" you love to point at. If they listed all the features they were working on and bugs they were aware of, then I'd agree saying - "Look at the pin", like you seem to love to do.

• Level 5*

You're welcome to vote with your comments, but face it; the web beta is already known to be lacking features that they will be adding back in as soon as they can. Safe bet that they already have their own priorities set for release, and it seems unlikely to me that user "voting" will change them, much, if at all. Once they deem the new web client complete enough to call it a "release", then user voting might be more influential.

• Level 5*

The salient quote is: 

As many of our support staff have already noted on individual threads, we are working hard to reintroduce features that didn't make our first version of the new web client. These include, but are not limited to:

So ok, it's a request, and feedback on the beta, so that's all fine and good. But the beta is known not to be feature complete, so begging seems to be a bit over the top. It is not killing you. Well, if it is, then just switch back to the old version.

By the way, Evernote, the application, is not a user forum; hard to see how the dog-food cliché applies...

@jefito - yes, read that. says nothing about the feature i am requesting - ability to do url web links in text, as we were before. how about it this feature request is passed along to development, rather than continuing to tell me "it's in beta"? i know it's in beta, it's why i'm making the request. also @gazumped - if forum is third party software, not evernote, that is telling. should be an eat-your-own-dogfood situation,

best,

-- faddah wolf

portland, oregon, u.s.a.

• Level 5*

My point was mainly: old version works,  current version doesn't;  but more stuff is coming down the pipe.  If you need the old functionality now,  you know where it is.  The forum software by the way is a third party thing,  nothing to do with Evernote.

@gazumped - well, ok. but rather than moving backwards, i'd prefer this feature request be honored and this simple feature be re-added. after all, i can do it right here in the forums. see the forum link button above the comment field. ^^^^

best,

--  faddah wolf

portland, oregon, u.s.a.

• Level 5*

To opt into (and out of) the recent web beta, go to account settings/ summary, and activate/ deactivate the beta.  It is only a beta,  and some functionality is yet to be restored to it,  so if you find you're missing some essential feature,  just move back to the current public version.

Archived