YYYYMMDD Date format

Stracck

Idea

Hello - 

New user to the forums.  I've done some searches of the forums and various FAQ / help articles.  I can't find the answer to this seemingly simply question.  I'd appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction.  

I like to use the date format YYYY-MM-DD to title my notes.  I want to use the short cut for date format (Cap+Cmd+D) to drop it in.  In preferences there are a couple of different date formats, but not the one that I am looking for.  

Is there a way to create a new date format for the evernote short cut?  Alternatively, if there another way to accomplish the same goal?  I know that there is various text expander software available that could do this.  If that is the answer, please let me know what people recommend in terms of text expander software.  I will go that direction if the EN app cannot solve the issue.  

All feedback is welcome.  Thank you.  

Stracck

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that Evernote will add format options, or that you can add them.

I been using TextExpander (the app) for about 2 weeks now, and I love it.  You can D/L and use a full-functional trial for 30 days at no cost.  It will definitely do  the job, and much more.

The more I use it, the more uses I find for it.  It's really a great resource and time-saver.

I also use it on my iPhone.

• Level 5

I like to use the date format YYYY-MM-DD to title my notes.  I want to use the short cut for date format (Cap+Cmd+D) to drop it in.  In preferences there are a couple of different date formats, but not the one that I am looking for.

Is there a way to create a new date format for the evernote short cut? 

The options are based on the OS settings. You can modify them here: System Preferences->Language and Region->Advanced->Dates

Archived