Emailing to Notebook not working

Hi, 

I have read the tutorials and tried multiple times to simply email into a notebook by first creating the notebook in Evernote called "Articles" for example, and then I email to my Evernote email account with @Articles in the title of the email but it only sporadically gets sent into the notebook. Sometimes it arrives in the default section of "All Notes" but doesn't show up in the "Articles" folder, and sometimes it doesn't even arrive into the "All Notes" at all. 

I have tried this multiple times from multiple devices like from the iPhone, iPad, Web browsers Safari, Firefox, Chrome and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all and it's getting very unproductive. I have the latest version of Evernote on all my devices. 

Anyone know if there is something basic that I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Nelson

• Ex Employees

Lets see if turning off your Automatic Filing will solve this issue :)

Can you please: 
  •  Select your username in the upper right hand corner
  •  In Personal Settings, deselect "Automatically file and tag notes sent in via email."
  • Level 5*

•  In Personal Settings, deselect "Automatically file and tag notes sent in via email."

@charboyd:  If you have checked "Automatically file..." and you send an email with @NB and #Tag, which is supposed to take precedence?

• Level 5*

Hi, 

I have read the tutorials and tried multiple times to simply email into a notebook by first creating the notebook in Evernote called "Articles" for example, and then I email to my Evernote email account with @Articles in the title of the email but it only sporadically gets sent into the notebook. Sometimes it arrives in the default section of "All Notes" but doesn't show up in the "Articles" folder, and sometimes it doesn't even arrive into the "All Notes" at all. 

I have tried this multiple times from multiple devices like from the iPhone, iPad, Web browsers Safari, Firefox, Chrome and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all and it's getting very unproductive. I have the latest version of Evernote on all my devices. 

Anyone know if there is something basic that I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Nelson

Can you give us an example of a title that you think should be correct?  "mycontent @article #tag" forinstance?

• Level 5*

Well,  the first and the last are correct - it should be "Email Subject: [Title of note] ![optional date for Reminder] @[notebook] #[tag]" according to the KB page here > https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523

The notebook name has to exist,  and it can't have a space.  "@notebook" or "@note_book" is good,  "@note book" is not.

Have you tried sending email from different locations?  Home/ Work/ Mobile?  Do the fails have any geographic link?

Archived