Can EN jump to a specific page in a notebook where a word is located?

drbeth20

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to jump to a specific searched word within a notebook? I'm using penultimate and it works great. But I have a notebook I use for my work call log and when a customer calls back, I search for their name and all it does is shows me the notebook that their name is found in. That's great, until you have 100 pages of notes and you have to page through every one of them to find the yellow highlighted name you searched for. 

Is there an easier way to make the search 'jump' to the specific page in the notebook where the searched term is located? 

• Level 5*

Notebooks contain notes, not pages.

General search should show you the list of notes in which that name is found. Once you find a note that has the name, you should be able to search the note for occurrences of the name.

Thanks jefito. Can you tell me how to search within a note for occurrances of the name?

In my screenshot attached, I did a general search for 'Tools' and it found the right note [Work Log] but didn't go to the third 'page' (for lack of better terms) where the word 'tools' is found. Maybe there's a different way to vew all pages of a note in grid view that I haven't found?

post-228463-0-27645700-1413299536_thumb.

• Level 5*

OK, I see -- this is an OCR issue of sorts. The global search (your "Searched Tools" arrow) should locate the notes where 'Tools' is found (apparently it does), and it does highlight all found instances in a note, but the in-note search functionality doesn't jump to that location, even if it's actually there in the note. I'm not sure just why that is, but if I had to guess, the in-note search function only jumps to text locations in the note, the part of the note that you can edit directly with the keyboard.

For OCR'ed notes, you'll need to scroll down to find highlighted instances.

You should also be aware -- though it doesn't appear to be an issue in this case -- that OCR is not 100% reliable, in case you are dealing with hand-written notes a lot.

Archived