Import from Catch to Evernote

Cambo

I know I've missed the boat on this, but I've only just realised Catch is no longer.  I have a txt file export containing the 600 odd notes I made on Catch.  My question is how do I get these into Evernote?  I've had a surf around and have been unable to find anything that works on the current version of Evernote.  

I'd love to hear any suggestions.

kind regards

Cambo

• Level 5*

Test this first (obviously) because the results may be not what you want,  but have a look at - Tools > Import Folders (desktop) to create or nominate a folder on a Windows desktop hard drive as an Import Folder.  Choose (or create) the folder and decide which existing notebook will receive the notes,  and whether to keep or delete the files after import.  If you're importing a batch of files I'd suggest you create a new notebook so you can easily batch delete notes and try again if necessary.  If it's a lot of notes,  you might make that a local notebook initially too,  and transfer files into synced notebooks at the end of your upload limit month so's not to use up your limit in one hit.

Any file dropped in here will be imported into the Evernote notebook you specified during setup.  (You can have several Import Folders if necessary,  serving different notebooks).  I believe (haven't tested recently) that TXT files will appear as standard text within the notebook,  with the file name as the title,  but ymmv...

Archived