We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
lingyai

android Where are downloaded attachments saved (Android 4.2.2)?

Hello,

I have attached a photo ( a jpeg file) to a note. I want to be able to download the photo to my Android tablet (Android 4.2.2).

I open the note in Evernote on the tablet,  I see the photo, and select "Save attachments".and press "Ok" in the confirmation dialogue box which follows. Where does the attachement go? In this article

https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168602

it says:

"Note Body/Contents/Attachments - The body/contents of the note is stored on the SD card instead, in the "Evernote" folder on your card. So if you have a note with a 20MB PDF that you download, that will be stored on the SD card."

The problem is, I don't see an "Evernote" folder anywhere.

I searched the entire SD card for jpeg files (searching for both *jpeg and *jpg files). One way I searched was using the file manager on my tablet. The other way was by connecting the tablet to my PC via USB, so that the PC recognized it as a storage device; and then searched using Windows Explorer. Both searches found photos, but neither found the photo in question.

So again, where do I find the downloaded attachment?

I'd be grateful for any help.

Usually when I look for downloaded photos from Evernote or other applications, I used the Gallery app. It shows Evernote photos in their own special folder, but I don't have to hunt them down. 

Usually when I look for downloaded photos from Evernote or other applications, I used the Gallery app. It shows Evernote photos in their own special folder, but I don't have to hunt them down. 

Thanks, but not showing up here in my Gallery app. I see hundreds of pics, but not the one I'm looking for.

Surely there must be a specific folder I can simply navigate to to find the downloaded attachment, yes?

Thanks, but not showing up here in my Gallery app. I see hundreds of pics, but not the one I'm looking for.

Surely there must be a specific folder I can simply navigate to to find the downloaded attachment, yes?

On my phone I'm pretty sure they show up in the downloads folder; I think that happened automatically, but maybe I had to tell Evernote at some point in the past. I don't remember. 

Downloads from Evernote Android do go to the downloads folder - if they complete.  I get a screen that shows the downloaded picture,  and a further small menu when I tap the three dots that offers Share / Save to Downloads / Details.  What happens to the download if you don;t select from that menu I don't know...