Webclipper for Chrome download - Network Failed Error

HMK

I've tried repeatedly (several days & multiple times a day) to download Webclipper from Evernote.com and Chrome webstore - no luck. Same Network Failed Error. Please tell me how to resolve the issue - my productivity is tanking!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried repeatedly (several days & multiple times a day) to download Webclipper from Evernote.com and Chrome webstore - no luck. Same Network Failed Error. Please tell me how to resolve the issue - my productivity is tanking!!

I'm having the same issue.  I do not see any response to this issue.  Has anyone found a resolution?  I need one ASAP and would greatly appreciate any help provided.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem after what looks like another Google FU update that has rendered half of my extensions unusable, including Evernote web clipper which was disabled even though it exists in the app store.  Google needs to stop playing the parent role or give the user the ability to choose the want to install and where they get it from. By the way this happens even though I have checked the "developer" box.

Yes we are reading. The failure to install is typically an issue in Chrome & possibly in combination with firewalls or network policies or user settings. You can notice this if the error message is served by Chrome which seems to be the case here.

Installation is working as expected in our tests at the moment. The best advice I have at the moment is to keep trying to install both from the Chrome web store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc

And from the Evernote site:

https://evernote.com/webclipper/

They file is hosted by Google but the mechanisms to install is slightly different. 

I have the same problem (network error)  but I did notice a couple of things as a developer (retired)
it works fine on my linux based laptop, but not on my window$ 7 PC (both running chrome)
I installed firefox on the window$ computer and evernote web-clipper works perfectly.

since they (firefox) upgraded my favorite feature from chrome (sync) I'll probably just use firefox.

Network Error problem has been occurring for weeks now.  I have been trying to install, uninstall, re-install, etc every few days.  I am trying the way jbignert suggested in his links and that yields the same results.  "An error has occurred....Network Failed".   After 6 weeks, this is getting annoying. :(

I finally installed.  I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but here are the steps I took:

- Temporarily disabled internet firewall on Mcafee "Web and Email protection"

- Tried again to install, but still the same message

- Immediately restarted the machine again.

- On restart, chrome was opened on my machine without my doing anything, opened at an evernote web page, and with the extension installed.

I hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Archived