Shortcut for selecting date field?

jnelson522

Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting "Date created"? I use it frequently -- for example, entering notes that copy a daily quotation service. Workflow would be much faster if there were a way to avoid using the mouse to click into the date field.

• Level 5*

Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting "Date created"? I use it frequently -- for example, entering notes that copy a daily quotation service. Workflow would be much faster if there were a way to avoid using the mouse to click into the date field.

On the Mac, you can use CMD-SHIFT-I to get to the Note properties, which includes the dates.

Don't know for sure, but you might try CTRL-SHIFT-I on Win.

On the Mac, you can use CMD-SHIFT-I to get to the Note properties, which includes the dates.

Don't know for sure, but you might try CTRL-SHIFT-I on Win.

Ah, yes - I neglected to say my question is about the Windows EN client. 

Tried CTRL+Shift+I - but that turns out to be the shortcut for creating an Ink Note! 

jn

• 5 months later...

Still hoping for an answer to this - a way to put focus on the date field with the keyboard in the Windows desktop client. 

The list of keyboard shortcuts (thanks, #JMichael) indicates that F8 will toggle display of the note info panel - but that does not work on my client (recently updated to 5.8.4.6870). 

Any other suggestions? 

• Level 5*

Still hoping for an answer to this - a way to put focus on the date field with the keyboard in the Windows desktop client. 

The list of keyboard shortcuts (thanks, #JMichael) indicates that F8 will toggle display of the note info panel - but that does not work on my client (recently updated to 5.8.4.6870). 

Any other suggestions? 

There is no more toggling of note panel (F8 used to cycle through showing progressively more editing controls). That's been superseded in Windows V5+ by an editing panel that shows Date/URL info if you're not actively editing the note content, and editing tools if you are. There is no keyboard shortcut that allows you put focus on any of the date fields that I know of.

Archived