(Archived) How do I rotate an image?

I uploaded a photo I took on my digital camera to evernote. It was a picture I took vertically of a long and neatly handwritten list of music. When it uploaded to the website, however, it shows the image rotated so it is sideways. How do I get evernote to rotate the uploaded image 90 degrees so that the words can be read upright the way I took the picture? It is not just for the text recognition that evernote does, its also important that I be able to see and read the image correctly. Thanks.

If you have the desktop client, I've found it's possible to open the image from EN in whatever application you like (right click and choose "open with"), then rotate it and save. Re-sync and it'll be there as you want it to be. No need to re-add it to EN.

Mark

Yes, you use whatever image editing software you have on your computer. I normally rotate images before adding them to EN. Uploading to EN, rotating & resyncing may cost you double the upload space of the image, since you're essentially uploading it twice. Can't say for certain, but I'm thinking that's the way it would work. Even if it does cost double the upload space, that may or may not be a consideration, depending upon how much upload space you're already using.

BurgersNFries is correct - if you edit an attachment (e.g. an image, PDF, Word doc, etc.) from within a note and then save it, that creates a new attachment that will be uploaded to the service. This will count against your monthly upload allowance. Note that if you created the note locally on a PC/Mac and then edited it before synchronizing, then you'd only send one image to us, not two.

Archived