Attachments still not accessible within Web Beta

Paul Merrett

Hi,

I've seen this referred to in the past but thought it needed percolating back to the top. I've flipped into (and then quickly out of) the beta in the past when attachments could not be opened.

Today a refresh of the web interface was presented. Was hoping the attachment issue was fixed. Alas, no.

When you double click on the box containing the name of the attachment within a note, it just brings up a formatting box.

Noticed this issue was not listed within the weekly update notes on what is known to developers and is actively being fixed.

Cheers

Paul

I am having this same issue and I am LIVID. I can't access my data!!! Evernote is supposed to streamline my life, not make it more frustrating! In the knowledgebase, updated 10/8/14, it says you right click and select "open". There is no such option! Fix this Evernote developers. I am reminded why I've sworn off betas in the past- and reminded to stick to it in the future.

Ditto. Just switched back to the old view. Now I can access my attachments and sign out. What is up with this new trend in where there is no contrast between font color & background, and no tool tips...just pale, mysterious icons. It's horrible.

Same experience here with Firefox/MacOS: It did not need more than 30 seconds of frustration to make me search in Google for a solution how to switch back to the old version of Evernote, after I realized my PDF attachments cannot be opened anymore... I use this feature almost daily, and my main reason to use Evernote premium is becoming obsolete if there is no solution following soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this is now fixed.

I'm on Windows (at my workplace) / Firefox. When I now hover over an attachment another box appears containing a link. If I maintain the hover, move down to the link and click, it then opens up the viewer (in my case Adode Reader since they are almost always .PDF attachments for me).

I will double check at home with Mac/OSX and both Firefox/Safari. Looking promising at this stage though.

yep... finally works! :-)

this makes the new interface mostly workable for me, and I can actually start testing it now.

The only thing that remains is encrypted text, I'd like to see what I have stored there... but I guess my phone will do for now, since I don't edit those too often.

Today a refresh of the web interface was presented. Was hoping the attachment issue was fixed. Alas, no.

Hi Paul, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. This bug was introduced recently. We will fix it in the next release. As you found, there is a workaround you can use in the meantime. When you want to open an attachment, hover over it, and you'll see it's link in the hover UI.  Click on that link and it should open the attachment. 

After our fix, you should be able to click on the attachment and it should launch as it did before. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!

Nancy 

Archived