transferring stacks or duplicating a second account

I am a huge fan of ever note. I have been using it for business and personal stuff. I decided that instead of sharing all my inbox stuff with my office staff. I would like to have a separate account and put all my life stuff into that account which of course includes the last few years of stuff already organized in stake located under a personal tree. 

Also : Just say someone who has everything on Evernote like me :

Perhaps from there kids 1rst grade assignments though the 12th grade. That kid wants to have his own account and would like a organized copy to take along with him which might have car info , licenses, insurance, banking, etc etc . There should be a way to easily duplicate or move all together those notes. Its a great hook for Evernote...Yet to my dismay, Not available not as a easy move the whole stack option.

I cannot believe the limitation that other than exporting single notes ( I am still not sure if it is even searchable without tags... Ouch! 

Yes...I learned by a Evernote tech guy that it cannot be done except for moving individual notes!

I had such promise that this was going to be my lives keepsake for everything paper!!  Someone will copy this concept enough and make it forward thinking .

One other of a 100 's of examples I could think of, that would make this useful.

We have a small business I have personal and my business all in stacks organized for taxes etc as well as personal.

Say I want to sell the business ? And I want to break out last 5 years of all business receipts exedra and give new owner in an organize way... Everything without giving up my copy?

I could go on and on ...

Frustrated in az!! :(( Shame on Evernote!

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

OK: you can't export a Stack.  But you can export a complete notebook to an ENEX file (Evernote Desktop > File > Export - check options to include tags) and then import it to another account if you wish.  To move a Stack,  move the notebooks individually and recreate the Stack.  If you're moving a lot of information,  you might want to upgrade the receiving file to Premium - at least for a month - so you can get the benefit of a 4GB upload limit.  (Your moved data is going to count as an all-new upload to the server in your new account.)

• Level 5*

I am a huge fan of ever note. I have been using it for business and personal stuff. I decided that instead of sharing all my inbox stuff with my office staff. I would like to have a separate account and put all my life stuff into that account which of course includes the last few years of stuff already organized in stake located under a personal tree. 

AFAIK, there is no way to MOVE Stacks, Notebooks, or Notes to another account, where "move" means to automaticaly remove from one account and transfer to another account.

However, you can COPY Notes to another account manually:

• Using Shared Notebooks
  • Using ENEX files (export/import)

IMO the easiest way to copy Notes from one account to another is by sharing the Notebooks you want to copy.

Then in the target account, just copy Notes from the original account to the target account, creating new Notebooks as needed.

Both methods result in the following:

• Tags assigned to Notes are retained (copied to Target account)
  • In the Target account, you will have to recreate:
    • Sync'd Notebooks (ENEX imports go into Local NBs)
    • Tag Hierarchies
    • Stacks
    • Note Links (that are broken when Note is copied)

I've actually tested this, and it seems to work well.

I realize that it is not ideal, not as automated as any of us would like, but it's the best you can do for now until/IF Evernote provides enhancements.

Archived