Evernote deleted my note as I was in the middle of typing

Hello,

I am a college student who was trying to work on my midterm study guide for my midterm that it tomorrow afternoon and while typing on my note Evernote deleted it. It is not in the trash folder and I was not prompted with the "are you sure you want to delete this" screen. I didn't do anything to delete it and now all of my notes, and possible test questions are missing. If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative!

Thanks!

Brianna

• Level 5*

Hi Brianna, welcome to the Forums.

Sorry you're having trouble.  Evernote should NOT delete anything without some action by you.

But I have noticed this.  If, somehow, the focus got moved from the Note Content area (where you were typing) to the Note list area, then if you happened to hit the BACKSPACE or DELETE key, Evernote would delete that Note, unfortunately, without any warning or confirmation.

You might check in your Trash (shown under Notebooks) to see if the Note is there.

Good luck with your studies.

• Level 5*

Hi Brianna - sorry for your problems here.  I suggest you remove your email address from this post - it's a public forum and you're inviting spam.  Can you tell us what device you were using Evernote on?  And has it synced the changed notes back to Evernote's servers?  There's a vague chance that if you can check your account on the Evernote.com website via a desktop browser (go via the Log In prompt) you may be able to see your old note.  If you have any other devices with Evernote installed,  check them.  Don't sync anything until you have checked everything that's available.  Other than that though,  and unless anyone else comes up with a better idea,  I'm afraid what's gone is gone.  You may be able to get something back eventually - but not before tomorrow...

Hi Brianna - sorry for your problems here.  I suggest you remove your email address from this post - it's a public forum and you're inviting spam.  Can you tell us what device you were using Evernote on?  And has it synced the changed notes back to Evernote's servers?  There's a vague chance that if you can check your account on the Evernote.com website via a desktop browser (go via the Log In prompt) you may be able to see your old note.  If you have any other devices with Evernote installed,  check them.  Don't sync anything until you have checked everything that's available.  Other than that though,  and unless anyone else comes up with a better idea,  I'm afraid what's gone is gone.  You may be able to get something back eventually - but not before tomorrow...

I did not intentionally synch anything, but I think it might have, but it was not on the desk top browser (I use the application for Macbook) and it wasn't on the browser or the app on my iPhone. Do you know how/ who I should contact about getting this fixed besides tech support, because they are not getting back to me! yet. 

• Level 5*

Do you know how/ who I should contact about getting this fixed besides tech support, because they are not getting back to me! yet. 

If you have not heard from EN Support by tomorrow morning, then you can do a Chat.   See Evernote Chat Support. (Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Looks like another one of my notes went missing for a class that I have another test in tomorrow as well. My ticket number is 759215. There must be something wrong with this app because I am obviously not deleting these notes myself. Evernote must be able to restore these because I would assume that they back up their system at least once a day. This is just incredibly frustrating. Do you think that I should write up a separate report for this one as well? Thank you all so much for your help. 

• Level 5*

Looks like another one of my notes went missing for a class that I have another test in tomorrow as well. My ticket number is 759215. There must be something wrong with this app because I am obviously not deleting these notes myself. Evernote must be able to restore these because I would assume that they back up their system at least once a day. This is just incredibly frustrating. Do you think that I should write up a separate report for this one as well? Thank you all so much for your help. 

Brianna, sorry to say that I don't think we can offer any more help until you hear from Evernote. I already posted that the fastest way you can get Evernote Support is via Chat.  That won't be available until 9am PST tomorrow.

Clearly, you should STOP using Evernote immediately.  Put your new notes into something you know always works, like Word.

You can store your Word (or other file) in Dropbox to make it available everywhere.

Archived