Jump to content

Slow or failing sync since moving


Recommended Posts

I moved recently.  Before I moved the Evernote Windows client (on either of my two Win8.1 laptops) synced smoothly, every time.  Since moving both laptops would partially sync (base note but not PDF contents or base note plus partial PDF contents) or more recently fail to sync the note at all. Once a note has partially synced, I can't seem to find a way to get it to resync correctly.  It remains a partial note missing content.  To be clear, the problem is downloading notes which appear correct on the Evernote web interface but download incomplete or fail to download on the Windows client.


Recent client updates seem to have resolved the partial note update problem but I still continue to get many sync failures.  This suggests that now Evernote checks to see that a note has synced entirely before adding it to the local database.  The core problem remains - content visible through the web interface isn't being synced with the Windows client.  Now, eventually, after a couple of sync attempts the note will usually eventually sync correctly.   However the process is painful.


I believe that the only thing that changed when I moved was my Internet provider.

My internet provided is Verizon FIOS and I have the basic 15 Mbs / 5 Mbs plan.





Link to comment
  • Level 5*

While you;re waiting for a response to the ticket,  try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote (backup your existing database first) and check the Trash and any Conflicts notebooks for errors.  Then try a resync.  There are some tips about support tickets here.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...