Can no longer edit note titles in shared notebook via Web client

mlu

Starting from today I am no longer able to edit the title of notes in a premium account notebook shared with me (web client, Chrome, W7) . Strangely this is still possible on another PC logging in to the same account with identical setup.

We have tried to clear cookies containing "evernote" with no success. Also we have tried IE, and also here we can no longer edit.

Finally we have tried to un-share and re-share the notebook without any luck. 

Any ideas on what could cause this?

I had the same problem this morning and submitted a support ticket to which I now have this response:

Our team is currently aware of an issue that prevents the editing or creation of notes in shared notebooks while using Evernote Web.

We hope to have this fixed soon. As a workaround, I would recommend you use the beta version of Evernote Web (you can opt-in herehttps://www.evernote.com/Settings.action) or Evernote installed on your computer or mobile device.

This is disheartening since I had already found that beta does not allow me to do key things I need to do with Evernote. I hope this problem will be resolved soon. 

Same issue for me.  Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m on Windows 7.  Can't edit a shared note.  

BTW, another bug with the beta, you can't follow a link to another evernote.  It launches another browser window and then it goes blank. If you use the "old" web version, the links work just fine.

I also can't edit the titles to notes in notebooks that are NOT shared in the classic web version. Since it is nearly impossible to edit anything *except* the titles in the beta, this is a bit of a pain. 

(Windows 7, Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m)

This is verry annoying to us!

We want to establish Evernote in our Comapny. We need co convice our CEO. But at the moment its quite impossible :(

We can't add Tags to a Notebook on the Windows Client.

And we cant edit (or add tags) Notebooks in the Web client!

Thats a Pain!

• Level 5*

Hi all - there are several threads on this and Evernote is working on it;  hopefully to be fixed soon.  Anyone tried the workaround of copying the old version of a shared note into an unshared notebook,  making changes,  and putting it back into the shared one?

• 2 years later...

Archived