(Archived) Duplication of data in same note.

I am using the APP on an iphone and Windows and have a data duplication issue within the same note.

I don't believe this is iphone specific - more likely my inability to understand how to use the app.

I use the program to store a conversation of text messages (actually sales numbers that are texted to me on a daily basis) over a period of days I copy and paste the messages into one note to review the stream. THe problem I have however is the stream does not appear in order and also seems to duplicate all the existing data each time I update the note. e.g if I have 10 lines of data on day one, I add another line on day two and end up with 21 lines (the first 10 being duplicated)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

I am using the APP on an iphone and Windows and have a data duplication issue within the same note.

I don't believe this is iphone specific - more likely my inability to understand how to use the app.

I use the program to store a conversation of text messages (actually sales numbers that are texted to me on a daily basis) over a period of days I copy and paste the messages into one note to review the stream. THe problem I have however is the stream does not appear in order and also seems to duplicate all the existing data each time I update the note. e.g if I have 10 lines of data on day one, I add another line on day two and end up with 21 lines (the first 10 being duplicated)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

On day two, why don't you just store the conversation as a new note instead of appending it to the old one?

Because its easier to append. Seems logical that you can append a previous note without it duplicating the data.

Of course, you can append a note w/o it duplicating the data. It depends upon what you're copying. If you copy the data from the day before, it's going to paste/append the data from the day before. If I'm understanding you correctly, it's like you create a document of five lines, copy [all] & paste into a new note. Day two, you add three lines to the document from the day before & do a copy [all] & get all eight lines & paste into the note you created the day before. Logically, you have two options. Either only select the new stuff (on your IM client, I don't know if that's an option b/c I rarely IM) or create a new note. (shrug)

Ok if you say

of course you can
its obviously a bug. I do only select the new stuff I am appending, otherwise, of course it would be duplicated. Maybe its an iphone issue - I will try it with the windows version only.

Cheers

If you are receiving the texts on your iPhone & copying/pasting them into an EN note on the iPhone, It could also be an issue/bug on your IM client. I'd suggest trying to copy & paste (on your iPhone) into a txt/Word/etc document on your iPhone. That would show you what is being selected/copied on your iPhone IM app.

If you're seeing different results on two clients, check the web service to see which notes are available via the web. This is the "definitive" source for your notes, so if a client looks different, the problem lies between that client and the service. This may be a networking error, etc.

Archived