Paste from Clipboard to Evernote Android Tablet

Hello,
I am using the Evernote with my Samsung note 10.1 2014 tablet. Evernote almost perfectly meets my needs, with one very annoying exception!
I cannot paste items from the clipboard into my notes. I cannot find a solution to this and have searched and searched.Anyone have the same issue? Or even better a solution?

UPDATE: I can use the clipboard with copied text, that works fine. Its just other types of clippings (images I guess) that cannot be pasted into the EN notebook. I can see all the items on my clipboard, but in the EN context all the non text items are greyed out and cannot be pasted. Where as in other applications (S-note for example) they are available.  I repeated this on my Samsung Note 3 phone and the same is true.

Are you clipping from scans,  documents or web pages?  Would it help to clip a web page to a note and edit the context later?

Hello and thanks for the reply,

I need to assemble pasted items from a variety of sources, scientific papers pdfs and web pages.

If I can copy/cut text, as text that works fine, But any kind of images, snapshots of pdf paragraphs, diagrams or pictures it does not work.

There are work arounds I know, but they are more convoluted and the purpose of Endnote (for me)  is to make all this fluid.

For example all this is possible in S-note, but there are some things I don't like about that solution.

I want to continue using Evernote, but is about the only gap in a wonderful software, and it is is a real pain for me.

Regards

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm not sure how generic Evernote's ability to copy and clip text and images is,  but basically if you can get it into Android's clipboard it should paste into Evernote.  If that's not happening it's a problem,  and not one that will be fixed easily - you could help by recording the clips that don't work and passing the information on in Support/ Feedback (see below).  If you need to get the work done however,  you'll have to choose between the app and the convenience.  Having said which I'd imagine that if you collate the work in S-note there would be a way to import that to Evernote...

Hmmn.  I'm not sure how generic Evernote's ability to copy and clip text and images is,  but basically if you can get it into Android's clipboard it should paste into Evernote.  If that's not happening it's a problem,  and not one that will be fixed easily - you could help by recording the clips that don't work and passing the information on in Support/ Feedback (see below).  If you need to get the work done however,  you'll have to choose between the app and the convenience.  Having said which I'd imagine that if you collate the work in S-note there would be a way to import that to Evernote...

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Your answer is helpful. I can get the android clipboard up easily, but image items are greyed out and cannot be pasted, text items are fine. This is not the case in S-note or Lecture Notes. Its a real shame as I have used Evernote for years now and I love it. My work around is to Sync S-notes to Evernote then they appear in Evernote. But I would dearly prefer Evernote. Seems like it should be quite an important functionality. Evernotes is great as I can take my scientific Evernote scrapbook, and show and discuss with others on any device. I will try linking up with support as you suggest. But could be a Samsung Note problem I suppose.

• 2 years later...

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2, and the Evernote Android app v. 5.2.3.1. I find it very difficult to select and paste text in this app.

1. In other apps on this phone, all I have to do is long-press in a text-entry area, even an empty one, and I get a clipboard menu of some kind, ranging from a very basic Paste option, to a toolbar with Select all, Cut, Copy, and Paste options, to a more comprehensive toolbar that gives access to the system clipboard with the 20 most recent clipboard items. In Evernote I get nothing. I have to long-press on an actual word to get the clipboard toolbar to appear. If I want to paste something into a blank note, I have to type a dummy word, select it, and then choose Paste from the toolbar. Even when it appears, that toolbar does not give access to the system clipboard. It's inconvenient and a bit annoying.
  2. Beyond inconvenient to completely aggravating is the difficulty selecting multiple words. In other apps I can select a word and the text selection "handles" appear, so I can drag them to include multiple words. Every once in awhile those handles randomly appear in Evernote, but I can never get them to appear when I want them. I can't figure out what combination of long-pressing, double-tapping, or whatever is supposed to activate them.

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give!!

#copied guru 

• Level 5*

Hi.  The 'official' way to open clipboard seems to be to long-press in any text entry area,  and wait for a pop-up to appear.  That certainly works for me on a Note4.  I have no difficulty in selecting text or paragraphs either - just long press inside the word or area you wish to copy,  and the grab handles should appear.  The vertical three dots menu will give you 'select all' if you need a whole page.  (YMMV)

Just a long-press is all that's required....  honest... ^_^

Thanks for the reply @gazumped

Well i did quote am having the issue when i use Samsung s6, not Samsung note

I don't  have a problem when I  long press inside the empty area to paste, copy or select all option in Evernote. .[see image a screen shot 131721 attachment]

my problem is the option of clipboard toolbar not appearing as an option when i long press in ever.[see image a screen shot 132437 attachment]

hence if an reading an article,  Evernote donot  give me access to the system clipboard with the 20 most recent clipboard items. In Evernote I get nothing.

looking forward to a respond. Thanks in advance for the help

Screenshot_20170708-131721.png

Screenshot_20170708-132437.png

• Level 5*

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?  I can't think of a reason why the menu doesn't appear,  and AFAIK there never has been a way to look at the last 20 clips in Android - but maybe I never got that deep into clipping.  Try a reinstall (restart) then reinstall.  If that fails (and in absence of any other bids from the audience here) then Twitter is your last hope I think... :(

• Level 5
On 7/7/2017 at 2:48 AM, cyptojoe said:

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2, and the Evernote Android app v. 5.2.3.1. I find it very difficult to select and paste text in this app.

1. In other apps on this phone, all I have to do is long-press in a text-entry area, even an empty one, and I get a clipboard menu of some kind, ranging from a very basic Paste option, to a toolbar with Select all, Cut, Copy, and Paste options, to a more comprehensive toolbar that gives access to the system clipboard with the 20 most recent clipboard items. In Evernote I get nothing. I have to long-press on an actual word to get the clipboard toolbar to appear. If I want to paste something into a blank note, I have to type a dummy word, select it, and then choose Paste from the toolbar. Even when it appears, that toolbar does not give access to the system clipboard. It's inconvenient and a bit annoying.
  2. Beyond inconvenient to completely aggravating is the difficulty selecting multiple words. In other apps I can select a word and the text selection "handles" appear, so I can drag them to include multiple words. Every once in awhile those handles randomly appear in Evernote, but I can never get them to appear when I want them. I can't figure out what combination of long-pressing, double-tapping, or whatever is supposed to activate them.

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give!!

#copied guru 

The above is copied entirely from my 4-year-old post here:

As I posted yesterday when @cyptojoe re-raised the issue in that thread, it was solved for me long ago, as I posted in the thread:

IOW, this is pretty much a complete waste of time. @cyptojoeplease read what's already been posted; or at least indicate how the problem you're having differs from a problem that's already been solved!

Thanks for your promote response.you have been of great help. 

But I have reinstalled and even updated the app, still to no avail. 

I even have the same issue on my Lenovo vibe phone and also my Samsung s6.

As regards your question 'never has been a way to look at the last 20 clips in Android', see below  a screen shot the possibility that 20  clip appear on the clipboard of other text app.

@Dave-in-Decaturthanks for the link showing the solution.but it did not solve it for me. 

Nevertheless, donot take it personal.  i never saw the solution that helped me in the post,  that was y i reposted and ended the post by quoting #copied guru, this acknowledged where i got it. 

This not waste of time, i need a solution.  Which the solution u gave in your link did not solve it for me.

• Level 5
28 minutes ago, cyptojoe said:

As regards your question 'never has been a way to look at the last 20 clips in Android', see below  a screen shot the possibility that 20  clip appear on the clipboard of other text app.

This was an observation by @gazumped, and actually you are both right. Many other apps can do this; Evernote's editor cannot and never has. Last summer I posted a request about this:

What I learned in the process of discussions and testing (see my follow-up post here) was this: When v. 7.8.2 of the Android Evernote app came out, it had a new editor, and I was told by an EN employee, "Our new editor uses an embedded version of Chrome for Android." It is this Chrome-based editor that cannot access the full clipboard (and has other limitations).

However, in other areas of Evernote, another editor is used, non-Chrome, and in those areas the clipboard (as well as handwriting on some devices) is available: namely, in the title area of a note, and in the quick-note feature that pulls down in the notification panel. (See my posts here and here.) @cyptojoe, I'd invite you to test those two areas and see if you can access the full clipboard in them. I often compose a quick note using several clipboard items, and then cut the whole thing and paste it into a regular note. An annoying kludge, but it does work.

10 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

This was an observation by @gazumped, and actually you are both right. Many other apps can do this; Evernote's editor cannot and never has. Last summer I posted a request about this:

What I learned in the process of discussions and testing (see my follow-up post here) was this: When v. 7.8.2 of the Android Evernote app came out, it had a new editor, and I was told by an EN employee, "Our new editor uses an embedded version of Chrome for Android." It is this Chrome-based editor that cannot access the full clipboard (and has other limitations).

However, in other areas of Evernote, another editor is used, non-Chrome, and in those areas the clipboard (as well as handwriting on some devices) is available: namely, in the title area of a note, and in the quick-note feature that pulls down in the notification panel. (See my posts here and here.) @cyptojoe, I'd invite you to test those two areas and see if you can access the full clipboard in them. I often compose a quick note using several clipboard items, and then cut the whole thing and paste it into a regular note. An annoying kludge, but it does work.

Thanks, yes i noticed the clipboard is visible when on the title bar and handwriting editor .

But nevertheless; the main place I need it is on the note editor. 

I would have to make do your temporary solution you gave me while we wait on Evernote permanent solution.

Archived