Conflicting Notes is Being Conflicting ! :D

TechGuy

I've used Evernote forever and I love it.  

I have run into an issue that I've not run into before as you can see from this print screen:

image.png

I was going to delete the Conflicting Notes folder since it seemed emtpy.  It tells me differently when I go to delete it.

I do not see the 2 notes that it tells me it is about to delete. I'd like to ditch this folder if it is indeed empty... but is it?

Where are the two notes if it is not?

Any ideas?

• Level 5*

I can see the reason for the confusion.

Conflicting notes is a notebook that Evernote creates for its own purposes, like 'Trash'. I'm wondering whether you have conflicting notes somewhere in your account (do you use other devices?), and Evernote just isn't storing them on the device you're dealing with here. Try logging into the web client and see if the notes are in a Conflicting Notes notebook there.

All guesswork on my part.

I can see the reason for the confusion.

Conflicting notes is a notebook that Evernote creates for its own purposes, like 'Trash'. I'm wondering whether you have conflicting notes somewhere in your account (do you use other devices?), and Evernote just isn't storing them on the device you're dealing with here. Try logging into the web client and see if the notes are in a Conflicting Notes notebook there.

All guesswork on my part.

Thanks for the tip. I checked the web client and the folder was not listed there. I also checked my Note3 and still no luck. Not sure where else to look.

:huh:

• Level 5*

My 2c - try renaming the notebook.  If the world doesn't end,  you could probably go ahead and kill it.  I've removed conflicting changes notebooks before.  Given that I've also had database problems that's maybe not a recommendation...

You bein an' experienced user and called the TechGuy an all I'm sure I don't have to mention that before messing around one of those backup thingummies is always a good idea..

Archived