LOST VITAL NOTES

This is so complicated for me because I'm a totally lame when it comes to this.

I installed evernote on my first smart phone back in 2012 and made many notes but then my phone was smashed and had to get a replacement.I since bought an ipad and and made a further error in the typing and now another gmail account. WITH EVERNOTE INSTALLED ON THIS.

When I replaced it I installed evernote once again and couldn't find any notes but this was due to a typing error in my gmail account and found that I now have three gmail accounts. TOTALLY CONFUSED AND DESPERATE.

ONLY NOW ARE THOSE NOTES SO IMPORTANT

After hours and hours I did manage to restore my evernote account and had access to all my notes on the laptop that I installed it on in the first place.

BUT THEN THE CRUNCH............AS I WENT FROM READING ONE NOTE TO ANOTHER ALL MY NOTES DISAPPEARED. AND AN EVERNOTE UPDATE WAS OFFERED SO I INTALLED THIS HOPING THAT IT WOULD RESTORE MY NOTES.

BUT IT HASN'T.........

I AM NOW ON MY OLD LAPTOP WITH EVERNOTE.... BUT THE NEW VERSION.......I HAVE READ BLOGS ABOUT RESTORING HISTORY...THERE IS NOTHING IN THE TRASH........AND I ASSUME I HAVE TO PAY FOR PREMIUM EVERNOTE AT $5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I AM PREPARED TO UPGRADE TO RETRIEVE MY NOTES ............ IF THEY CAN BE RETRIEVED..... BUT NOW NOT SURE WHICH OF TWO ACCOUNTS THEY WILL BE UNDER.

ANYONE WALK ME THROUGH THE UPGRADE AND PAYMENT........ WITH SIMPLETON INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO RETRIEVE THE NOTES.

• Level 5*

No offence, but I think helping you is going to require a fair bit of time. I suggest you do upgrade to Premium, even if it's just for one month so that you can get help from Evernote support.

If you are on your iPad, tap on the gear symbol next to your name - should be fairly easy to see the Premium options from there.

• Level 5*

This is so complicated for me because I'm a totally lame when it comes to this.

I installed evernote on my first smart phone back in 2012 and made many notes but then my phone was smashed and had to get a replacement.I since bought an ipad and and made a further error in the typing and now another gmail account. WITH EVERNOTE INSTALLED ON THIS.

When I replaced it I installed evernote once again and couldn't find any notes but this was due to a typing error in my gmail account and found that I now have three gmail accounts. TOTALLY CONFUSED AND DESPERATE.

First, please don't type in all caps, as that comes across as shouting in online forums.

Second, I agree with Metrodon, upgrade to Premium account (only $5/mo) for at least one month so you can receive full support from Evernote.  Then I suggest you Submit an EN Support Ticket.

As soon as you upgrade to Premium, you can also talk to Support via Chat.  That is probably the quickest way to get a response.  See Evernote Chat Support. (Chat option appears AFTER initial you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Many thanks to you both Much Appreciated. I take your comment onboard and apologise for capitals. It was my very first time on a forum or chat and learning slowly and in difficulty. I have never used chat before and have now upgraded to EN premium. I am finding it so difficult to navigate around site and even though I've found what appears to be history when I tap on it nothing happens. (I found it by settings>premium>learn more>history)I've never used a chat site and it's taken me this long to even reply to this. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated. I know I'll be trying anyone's patience. Many Thanks again

• Level 5*

@meansyreak:

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you having trouble getting to the Chat page?

Did you click on the link for Chat Support?

Fill in the form, and then click "Continue"

You should then see a button for "Chat Now"

I managed to get there through the link and when I clicked onto chat now I realised I could start typing. Unsure how to send or who I'm talking to. Not sure how it all works. When on EN the only text I could find was by tapping settings>premium>learn more>history but when I tap on history nothing happens. I knew it was going to be difficult because of my nievity and no experience. Also I notice that I can only reply two more times before 7th October (a total of 5 today. It will take more than that for me to grasp anything) I thank you so much for your support

Thank you. But now I have just tried again but when I get to the page and tap on chat a window appears Evernote premium asking "what product are you contacting us about" I have tapped on Evernote. Then "what can we assist you with today" appeared so I gave a brief description and tapped the email button. ( below that it says "don't want to wait? Get answers in our knowledge base. I tapped send email. I have received a support web form ( the third one now because I don't really know what I'm doing because I've confused myself. I can't get onto what appeared to be chat page earlier. And don't see a chat now button. Again many thanks. So much appreciated

• Level 5*

You probably can't chat now because Chat is available ONLY during US PST business hours (9-4 I think).

But you should be seeing these two screens:

(1) Support Request Form

EN-Support-Form.gif

(2)  Choose Support Method

• EMail (Submit Ticket)
  • Chat   <===== this is the method you want

Chat-Button.gif

Archived